PDA

View Full Version : petechiae

megan91
31-08-21, 18:38
I've noticed recently that after I take a shower, usually a longer one, I get little red dots scattered throughout my legs. They look like little single petechiae dots. None of them are in clusters. I also have taken notice of EVERY single bruise I get, which are quite often, but they are only on my legs. Freaking out about leukemia. Anyone else have single petechiae spots, particularly after showers?

.Poppy.
31-08-21, 18:48
I've noticed I get them not so much after showers, but after I use a heating pad. So I think heat can be a factor?

Funnily enough when I was super stressed about them I'd notice them all the time and they'd persist. Now that I don't care so much I rarely get them and they disappear quickly.

megan91
31-08-21, 18:51
My showers are hot. I notice if I take a quick shower they don't show as much but if it's a long one where I'm washing my hair and shaving they appear. Of course now I'm searching for them. They also disappear after like a day or two. I wonder why yours happened more when you were stressed about it, bodies are so weird!

Chlobo
31-08-21, 18:58
I used to get them if I have a hot shower. It’s a mixture of the hot water and the pressure of the water.
I would get them on my knees and the tops of my feet, i’m talking a lot as well. One day it never happened again

megan91
31-08-21, 19:07
I also find if I have the hot shower and shave they pop up more, maybe the pressure from the razor?, but still just little single dots all over. Makes me nervous something is wrong to cause it to happen though.

megan91
03-09-21, 01:51
Had to get my blood pressure taken today and guess what I had a little bit of after, little line of petechiae. Also got a massage and she massaged my arms and I see a few single dots. Whyyyyyyy.

AntsyVee
04-09-21, 16:47
You're getting heat rash and skin irritation. Petechiae is a very serious rash caused by broken and leaking vessels. It's not what you're describing. It is not just some random red dots.