PDA

View Full Version : Update on dizziness and such

Joe1981
15-11-07, 01:01
Okay well i had my doctor appt today and well he checked everything out and he says i'm lacking serotonin which is making me so nervous and anxious which in turn is giving me the dizziness and all the other symptoms.

Anyway he gave me effexor and trazadone to help but i am not taking these pills. So i dont know, maybe now after all the tests i can just convince myself that it is what it is and get over this on my own because i do not want to be taking any pills. So right now i'm siting here with a major headache and slightly dizzy wondering what to do next..

Should I take the pills or should i try to convice myself it is what it is and try to beat this on my own? It's just so hard getting through day to day with my symptoms!

Any coments and advice would be great because i'm stuck on which direction i should go down..

roziexwx
15-11-07, 10:48
hi, i am also very anti tablet,but i tried for years to conquer my anxiety,all those years wasted,a little trip to the doc and a little pill to take each day,and i feel like i am getting my life back,i don't intend to stay on them long,just time enough to get my self back on track,so i will be able to live my life as it should be lived and not in fear of constant anxiety.sometimes we all lose our way a little and need to follow the right signpost to get back on the right road. take care x

Meewah
15-11-07, 21:42
Joe

I suffer from dissiness also, well almost it is hard to describe. It feels if I am unsteady, a lightheaded feeling which is sometimes accompanied by a tightness on my forehead and between my pecks. I have not been to see the doctor as earlier in the year I went for an ECG, Echo scan, Exercise test, 24 hour tape. All came back fine. Still the brain will not accept there is nothing wrong, I just keep looking for symptoms and trying to self diagnose with a pretty bleak outcome.

Sometimes the dissiness thing can last a day or sometimes an hour. When I get it with the chest tightness I start to think it is cardiovascular still, I cant accept what the doctors tell me.

It is worse at the moment as I have stressed myself out with tuning in to health issues with others and symptoms with myself.

All day lomg I seem to be thinking about doom and gloom health issues,,,just waiting for something catostophic to occur. In the good old days pre Anx all I thought about was sex...what a contrast:yesyes: :D

Please keep in touch re the meds. I wont take then either as I flap about the side effects.

Take Care

Mee

angiebaby
15-11-07, 22:10
I have had dizziness, severe, for the past two years. All of my tests so far have come back clear, still being tested at the moment. I do not take any med's either.
If i could get rid of this horrible dizziness, can't walk in a straight line, bump into doors and walls, fall over, lose balance, head spins, etc, etc, then i am sure i would feel much better. Also the extreme unreality and 'weirdness' does not help at all and makes me very anxious too.x

cassi23
16-11-07, 10:37
heya,

I know you hate to take the tablets, but as the cause of your problem seems to be a chemicle imbalance, maybe these will help. Then perhaps see your doctor about stopping them.

But, since the reason for your dizziness is lack of serotonin, i don't think just trying to tell yourself it is what it is will help to begin with, try doibg this with the tablets and see how you get on.

I've just been given tablets for my anxiety which i really didn't want to take because like a plonker i read the possible side effects, but, they have made me feel so much better! My life is becoming more normal rather than one big continuous panick attack and anxiety festival!

hope you feel better asap

love cassi23