PDA

View Full Version : Brain Worries...

Sharon123
02-09-21, 03:53
AGE 22
Okay, I don't want this to sound super far fetched but hear me out.
So for the last two years I have been experiencing several symptoms that I just recently started wondering could be due to a brain tumor or some other brain issue.
Symptoms:
1.Heavy Brain Fog: For example: The other day it took me several seconds to remember the word for "Glasses" and I also feel like it's taking me a while to remember stuff, recall stuff, and think up words. Even as I type this I feel slow and pausing a lot while typing to remember.
2. Memory Troubles: Trouble remembering or feeling connected to past events
3. Fatigue/Exhaustion
4. Darting eyes. They sort of want to move really quickly from one thing to another and so when I read and stuff, things quickly become kind of blurry.
5. Not feeling Like myself- Just feeling kind of alien in my body
6. Dizziness/Off Balance feelings
7. Gradual but recent onset of chronic vocal/ motor tics
8. Weird throbbing feeling in my face
9. Neck Pain
The things is though, I also have severe anxiety and I've been under a lot of stress the last two years. I know that some of these things can be chalked up to stress which is why I am afraid to bring this up to my GP, because they might just see that I have anxiety and dismiss all these things. But the thing is, I've never felt this way before.
Even at my worst anxiety. This is really very different from the sorts of feelings I get from usual anxiety. The problem is that these feelings are persisting too. They haven't improved at all. I went to my doctor twice this year and both times they said I was fine.
One even did a manual neurological exam where she made my walk and follow her finger and stuff and said there seemed to be no neurological deficits. I got plenty of lab work done and found my Vitamin D and Iron levels were off but other than that, nothing much else. I have no clue what else could account for this?
Can stress and anxiety really cause all these things?

Sharon123
02-09-21, 04:05
AGE 22
Okay, I don't want this to sound super far fetched but hear me out.
So for the last two years I have been experiencing several symptoms that I just recently started wondering could be due to a brain tumor or some other brain issue.
Symptoms:
1.Heavy Brain Fog: For example: The other day it took me several seconds to remember the word for "Glasses" and I also feel like it's taking me a while to remember stuff, recall stuff, and think up words. Even as I type this I feel slow and pausing a lot while typing to remember.
2. Memory Troubles: Trouble remembering or feeling connected to past events
3. Fatigue/Exhaustion
4. Darting eyes. They sort of want to move really quickly from one thing to another and so when I read and stuff, things quickly become kind of blurry.
5. Not feeling Like myself- Just feeling kind of alien in my body
6. Dizziness/Off Balance feelings
7. Gradual but recent onset of chronic vocal/ motor tics
8. Weird throbbing feeling in my face
9. Neck Pain
The things is though, I also have severe anxiety and I've been under a lot of stress the last two years. I know that some of these things can be chalked up to stress which is why I am afraid to bring this up to my GP, because they might just see that I have anxiety and dismiss all these things. But the thing is, I've never felt this way before.
Even at my worst anxiety. This is really very different from the sorts of feelings I get from usual anxiety. The problem is that these feelings are persisting too. They haven't improved at all. I went to my doctor twice this year and both times they said I was fine.
One even did a manual neurological exam where she made my walk and follow her finger and stuff and said there seemed to be no neurological deficits. I got plenty of lab work done and found my Vitamin D and Iron levels were off but other than that, nothing much else. I have no clue what else could account for this?

NoraB
02-09-21, 09:09

Yes.

Fishmanpa
02-09-21, 12:32

Absolutely! (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms)

FMP

Fishmanpa
02-09-21, 12:37

From your duplicate thread....

Absolutely! (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms)

FMP

nomorepanic
02-09-21, 16:49
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.