PDA

View Full Version : Hello

H
10-02-05, 21:04
Hi, i'm 19 and had my first panic attack january last year. i ended up in hospital convinced that i was going to kill myself accidently (ocd type syptom i believe). anyway, this kinda developed further into an ocd problem which has lessened in recent months. Regardless of whether i have been suffering ocd or not (i'm also a member of an ocd bulletin board and have been told by people there that many of my symptoms fall into that catergory), i have anxiety problems.

My first panic attack happened whilst i was high on marajuana - i had a horrendous trip - having thoughts of killing myself (brutally) and didn't know where they were coming from so panicked big time which made it all worse.

anyway, i'm taking 10mg of cipralex a day which helped a lot (haven't had a serious panic attack since) and i have had about 5 sessions of cbt but accidently missed the last one in august and i haven't had anymore since...! it didn't seem to be helping anyway to be honest! i still have an anxiety problem and i know its just being masked by the medication so i feel like i'm no longer making any progress

anyway, enough about me...

H x

seh1980
10-02-05, 21:53
hello H,

Welcome to the site!! I have been on Cipralex too and it helped me loads. I am coming off it at the moment and feel relatively panic free so you might be the same when you come off it. Don't despair, there is always a way out!! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Sarah :D

FAN
10-02-05, 22:36
hi and welcome im sure you will find it really helpful on here

fan x

jill
11-02-05, 08:15
Hi H,

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here
who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

All problems have a begining and an end!

Laurie28
11-02-05, 12:08
Hiya,

Welcome to the site.

Have you asked your GP if you can be referred to carry on your CBT??

Lucky

Meg
11-02-05, 14:54
Hi H,

We're seeing more and more recreational drug users having bad trips - maybe the quality of the stuff has dropped.

Did you have an anxiety problem before you started panic ?

What are your limitations now that you want to progress with first.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

JPF
11-02-05, 15:54
Hi H

Welcome to the forums. Really sorry to hear about your experiences - they sound very unpleasant - as Meg says there seem to be an increasing number of people having similar experiences to you, unfortunately.

This is a great place to learn about the condition though, it's full of fellow sufferers who want to help and who understand what it all feels like. It's a great place to talk, get support and pick-up some genuinely useful information which helps tackle how you're feeling (in addition to any medication/other help you may be receiving).

Anyway, welcome again and I hope you're soon feeling much better

Good luck and good health

J

H
12-02-05, 01:00
Thank you all so much for replies - it means a lot to me.

i saw my doctor today and told her that the therapy hadn't been helping- i was kinda hoping she might refer me to someone more experienced...but i don't always tell her the full story so i'm not too suprised that she didn't.

i have always had some underlying anxiety problems i think - i was always painfully shy and withdrawn all through childhood and had stress/mild anxiety related digestive problems so i guess its not too much of a suprise that it turned into full blown panic.

anyway thanks again

H x

FAN
12-02-05, 12:16
hi sorry to hear your doc didnt refer you to anyone else but im like you i never tell the full story i just do the yeah im ok im coping so just get more of the same medication, im sure if you look through the posts on here you will find some really useful advice you can follow to make yourself feel better and get through this

fan x

nomorepanic
12-02-05, 16:53
H

Just wanted to welcome you aboard the forum.

Nicola