PDA

View Full Version : Coping

Bill
15-11-07, 03:03
For a time my wife complained every day about the pain she was suffering from verrucas on the base of her feet. They made her feel debilitated and very low. I advised her to see the doctor who would freeze them off but she said she was too afraid to face the pain of the treatment so she decided to wear pads instead to ease the discomfort.

After a while she got so fed up with the verrucas that she felt she had no choice but to face the treatment. It wasn’t as bad as she expected and once it was done she had no more pain and so no longer needed the pads.

It’s exactly the same with therapy for anxiety. It only works when a person feels ready, willing and prepared to follow the treatment plan their therapist shows them but once they’ve learnt this new way of thinking, they’re better able to cope with their fears and the medication is no longer required.

There are different therapies for different anxiety issues. Sometimes all that’s needed is to show a sufferer a way out from their pressures causing their problems whereas other issues go much deeper so take longer to treat but I really believe that once the right type of therapy is used for an individuals issues and the individual is ready and willing to accept the treatment, Every sufferer can be shown how to cope without daily suffering.:hugs:

littlemiss_sunshine
17-11-07, 20:47
thats a great way of putting it bill,
the healing process takes time and that is something we've gotta accept as sufferers. there wont be an easy backdoor out of anxiety especially when its been there all your life.
i feel a lot better when i voice out my concerns to my counsellor. just to talk to someone that will listen and reassures me takes that edge off the harsh reality of this dog-eat dog world.