PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody deal with this like I do?……

ScaredCaz
04-09-21, 13:27
Hi guys

Does anyone get super fed up with their life being consumed with illness?

Does anyone get sick of waking in the morning starting the day off relatively well then some pain or sensation happens and you spiral into a HA mess?

Does anybody recoil in horror at the thought of any tests above a blood test being done?

Does anyone ever feel like they are stuck like this forever and spends large amounts of time worrying about getting older and the chances of being referred to the hospital for anything is more likely and so scary?

Does anyone know of people who have got ill whether it’s serious or not and find themselves trying to find out what was wrong with them and what symptoms they had and how they found out?

Sometimes I feel like I can’t cope with much more of this and this isn’t the only thing in my life I have to deal with I have family issues I miss my mam who passed away on 2008 my marriage isn’t what it should be I constantly worry about my daughters lives and what’s going on for them I have a 20 yr old autistic son my grandson has just been diagnosed with autism so much worry and stress

How do people cope?

Thanks guys 😟

Fishmanpa
04-09-21, 13:32
You just basically described what HA is and most of the people on this forum feel that way in one way or another.

FMP

BrokenGirl
05-09-21, 10:39
I could have written most of that post myself. It sucks, it really sucks. I wish I could offer you some advice on how to manage it better and get control over it but I'm struggling with the same issues too.
The only thing I'm finding that is helping me lately is to make some time for yourself and do something you enjoy. For me I've started reading books again and listening to music. Anxiety robbed me of those for a long time.
And I'm not saying I'll put my HA to one side while I read or listen to music. I can't do that because I can't just switch it off. So I'm doing these things that I know I used to enjoy, and I'm doing them with my HA. So I might be listening to music while there's a worry flying around in my head but it's helping a bit. It's as if I can feel worry and pleasure at the same time which is weird but good. It's better than feeling just all worry. And that's a start, for me anyway.