PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

minion
06-09-21, 07:32
Hi guys. I know I am a pest but I can’t help getting into a panic. I fell out of bed whilst sleeping. Apparently this is REM sleep disorder. I have always talked etc in my sleep. But last night I fell and hurt my arm. I am so scared. REM sleep disorder is a precursor to Lewy bodies dementia or Parkinson’s etc. I don’t know what to do

BlueIris
06-09-21, 07:34
Work on your health anxiety. These thoughts are irrational, and once you accept that you'll be in a better place to make these decisions.

minion
06-09-21, 08:01
Hi BlueIris. I am in a panic. I know I have to control my HA. But falling out of bed in your sleep is not normal 😞

Kuraimoar
06-09-21, 18:34
Its not super common but I wouldn't say its abnormal. You can easily roll in your sleep. Everyone does it. You just rolled the wrong way and fell. Idk how you jumped from fell out if bed to dementia but you need to take a second to think rationally about this.

Cptdebbie
07-09-21, 19:54
I fell out of bed once not too long ago. I sort of twisted to a diagonal during the night and wrongly assessed how I was laying. I don’t have dementia. At least I don’t think I do. 🤔

NoraB
08-09-21, 07:45
Hi guys. I know I am a pest but I can’t help getting into a panic. I fell out of bed whilst sleeping. Apparently this is REM sleep disorder. I have always talked etc in my sleep. But last night I fell and hurt my arm. I am so scared. REM sleep disorder is a precursor to Lewy bodies dementia or Parkinson’s etc. I don’t know what to do

Lots of things can cause this, like restless leg syndrome and even nocturnal panic attacks!

As a one off I wouldn't be concerned. If it was to keep happening then I'd certainly be making an appointment with the GP but you're doing what EVERY HAer does - which is to go straight to the worst (and least likely) case scenario..

pulisa
08-09-21, 08:00
Maybe you need a bigger bed?

Why is this "apparently" REM sleep disorder? Who or what are you "consulting"?

NoraB
08-09-21, 08:10
Why is this "apparently" REM sleep disorder? Who or what are you "consulting"?

My money's on Doc Google...