PDA

View Full Version : Woke up leg collapsed

Stephenie.welch
12-09-21, 07:47
I had a scary issue happen last night. I woke up from sleep and noticed my left leg, which is NOT the one I was lying on, I was lying on my right side, was completely dead. Like I tried to get up to pee and my left leg collapsed completely and I fell. I tried to get up and it happened again. Thenafter panicking for about 30 seconds my strength was completely back and whatever happened had reversed. What could this have been? I’m so scared. I messaged my primary and he said anything serious (ie spine tumor, MS, ect would not have resolved in less than a minute, is this true?

Lucy_j
12-09-21, 12:37
I’ve had this before, got up from a nap and my leg collapsed it wasn’t the one I was lying on either after a minute of blood circulating back into the leg I was able to stand up again. Also happened to my husband before too. It’s nothing to worry about

Catkins
12-09-21, 13:57
It's happened to me before with arms and once with a leg. It went quickly so I wasn't concerned about it.

glassgirlw
12-09-21, 15:43
It doesn’t have to be the leg you’re laying on for this to happen. If you’re twisted oddly, laying on certain pressure points in hip or along spine, it can compress a nerve that causes a limb to go numb. Give it 30 seconds to a minute and blood flow will restore and everything will be back to normal. I think this has probably happened to everyone, more than once. Trust what your primary has told you.

Stephenie.welch
12-09-21, 17:44
So y’all have had it to where it wasn’t just “feeling” weak? It literally gave out. Like it was made of nothing but rubber. And my skin itself was not numb.

pulisa
12-09-21, 17:49
Do you think your doctor was trying to fob you off with his response? Why aren't you convinced by what he said.

NoraB
13-09-21, 08:39
So y’all have had it to where it wasn’t just “feeling” weak? It literally gave out. Like it was made of nothing but rubber. And my skin itself was not numb.

Quite a few times..

Nothing to worry about.