PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone taken magnesium supplements

Sar89
14-09-21, 13:01
Hi so I have ordered magnesium supplements, i did my research on them and Iv ordered ones with the 3 types of magnesium in them plus added zinc. I have read that magnesium can reduce palpitations and anxiety and that most of us are somewhat deficient in magnesium. So has anyone else taken them ? What was your experience with them? One of my phobias is taking medications I haven’t taken before and I’m slightly scared I will be the one in a billion to have reaction to them but I also need to start taking control of my life and making proactive steps to recovery anxiety has swallowed the years of 18-31 for me and I need now to help myself because cbt wasn’t very successful and neither are anti-depressants (for me personally, I know they can work wonders for others)

FamilyPicnic
14-09-21, 14:15
I've taken magnesium supplements for years without a problem.

nomorepanic
14-09-21, 14:17
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

JulieJay92
14-09-21, 15:44
ive been on prescribed magnesium due to having very low magnesium due to ibs, but cant really say my anxiety is any different

Sar89
15-09-21, 00:32
Did you notice if you felt better ?

Sar89
15-09-21, 00:32
Have u felt any better Julie ? Like energy wise or anything like that ?

Fishmanpa
15-09-21, 01:25
My wife takes a mag/zinc supplement and its helped her with menopause.

FMP

NoraB
15-09-21, 06:20
Hi so I have ordered magnesium supplements, i did my research on them and Iv ordered ones with the 3 types of magnesium in them plus added zinc. I have read that magnesium can reduce palpitations and anxiety and that most of us are somewhat deficient in magnesium. So has anyone else taken them ? What was your experience with them? One of my phobias is taking medications I haven’t taken before and I’m slightly scared I will be the one in a billion to have reaction to them but I also need to start taking control of my life and making proactive steps to recovery anxiety has swallowed the years of 18-31 for me and I need now to help myself because cbt wasn’t very successful and neither are anti-depressants (for me personally, I know they can work wonders for others)

I've been taking magnesium for a few years now (I'm drinking mine as I type this)

Magnesium is essential to the human body, and you're correct in saying that most people are deficient and that's mostly due to the way food is processed these days..

Regarding reactions? Are you confusing magnesium oxide with the other forms? If so, they're different. I take citrate because I had constipation dominant IBS. As a happy 'side effect' I found out that it helped with the ectopic beats etc.

I have multiple chemical sensitivity and I've taken magnesium citrate (in powder form) with no issues whatsoever. I usually take it at night (a quarter of a teaspoon works for me, or more if I've been on the codeine) and it's been a game changer for me in terms of IBS and anxiety heart symptoms..

Sar89
15-09-21, 18:19
So my magnesium supplement contain magnesium citrate, malate and glycinate with added zinc in it (apparently) it was quite expensive in my view 29.99 for a bottle of 60 huge pills. I haven’t taken one yet I’m going to wait for my tea and have it after that. I’m just silly and get scared of ingesting anything new 😂

NoraB
16-09-21, 08:27
I've just ordered glycinate one because someone told me it's helped with their migraines. If I can lower my use of pain meds, it will be happy days!

Scissel
16-10-21, 23:28
My ordered glycinate came in today and I'm trying it tonight. Both for headaches and anxiety. Trying to taper off the benzo with little luck. Honestly, I've been a wreck :(

Sar89
08-02-22, 16:19
Hi guys Iv been taking it. Not noticed any noticeable difference really in any respect but I will continue cos it’s good for you anyway isn’t it �� plus I paid over the odds for them.

Phill2
09-02-22, 00:41
My wife takes it in tablet form for pains in her legs.
It helps with the legs and has no bad effects.

JulieJay92
15-08-22, 19:28
Have u felt any better Julie ? Like energy wise or anything like that ?

not so much reallyits like everything else, better days and not so good days

anjagilliam
20-10-22, 08:52
I've tried magnesium and noticed nothing except for better sleep if taken before bed.

ankietyjoe
06-11-22, 10:01
There are zero side effects from taking normal supplement levels of magnesium unless you're severely deficient. And if you are severely deficient the only side effects you're likely to experience would be positive, and maybe a bit of extra time pooping as your body can poop again.

In terms of benefits, I would say at best they'd be subtle, but anxiety recovery is about winning multiple battles on multiple fronts, not a magic pill as that doesn't exist.

There's really no downside in taking magnesium.

Lolalee1
07-11-22, 08:51
I used such drugs, but they were ineffective. Then my sister advised me to try Hydroxytyrosol. It is rapidly absorbed into the blood and muscle tissues, where it reacts and promotes the removal of free radicals. It is the only phenol that can cross the blood-brain barrier, allowing it to absorb free radicals throughout the central nervous system. After entering the circulatory system, Hydroxytyrosol is collected in the cerebrospinal fluid and protects the cells of the nervous system (https://ansbotanics.com/collections/herbal-extracts/products/olive-leaf-powder-extract-hydroxytyrosol). So it helped me get rid of migraines, and I feel much better now.

Load of BS.(sorry)