PDA

View Full Version : Green fungus/mould on box

Pamplemousse
14-09-21, 16:15
Earlier today I wasn't feeling too bad - my brother asked me out to lunch for my birthday.

As an interest, I was going to show him an old train set I'd acquired some time ago. When I got it out, I noticed the edge of the box against the outside wall had a layer of green fungus/mould on it. Without thinking, I wiped it off without wetting it down first. Now I am terrified I've breathed in some of the spores, I swear that's why I have a tingly mouth/throat (it could of course be the food and drink) and this is going to make me really, really ill.

Does anyone have any thoughts/advice? It seems there's even more of this (but white, I think) between the lid and the rest of the box and I'm really scared.

Help :weep:

nomorepanic
14-09-21, 18:28
You are fine and overthinking things again.

Lucinda07
14-09-21, 18:32
It would not even occur to me to moisten the mould before wiping it off. 2 years ago, I ate a few mouthfuls of a mouldy piece of bread & have not had any ill effects. You are fine. P

.Poppy.
14-09-21, 20:10
Like others have said, you will be fine. Most mold isn't harmful in the slightest.

Pamplemousse
14-09-21, 21:01
Thanks to those who've replied.

My brother said the same to me at lunch - and I replied that every single day of my life is like this now so can he understand why I have days when I want it to come to a permanent end with no return?

NoraB
15-09-21, 08:02
Happy belated birthday P!

Hope your boffday wasn't too shit?

Pamplemousse
15-09-21, 08:30
Happy belated birthday P!

Hope your boffday wasn't too shit?

You're actually a day early, Nora - it's tomorrow.

Can't make up my mind if I want to do anything tomorrow - I should, but it's all down to what my head will let me do. Right now I just feel completely drained and have no interest in anything; so tomorrow may just be spent in bed.

pulisa
15-09-21, 13:56
There are no "should"s when it comes to birthdays..You can please yourself. Just take the day as it comes. It may turn out to be better than you anticipate? I hope so.

Glad you were able to meet up with your brother for lunch.He may not fully understand what terrifies you but he's wanting to help you even if it's just by meeting up and talking and trying to give you some support.

Pamplemousse
15-09-21, 15:06
I think that having a daughter who's a (published) clinical psychologist helps him understand better than most: we were talking about the vast increase in mental illness in the 12 - 15 year old bracket and how it just didn't seem to exist when we were that age - or more likely, we didn't understand.

I have something else preying on my mind at the moment: as I said, this really does not give me any peace. You can probably guess the more intrusive things that keep randomly popping into my head.

NoraB
16-09-21, 08:40
Can't make up my mind if I want to do anything tomorrow - I should, but it's all down to what my head will let me do. Right now I just feel completely drained and have no interest in anything; so tomorrow may just be spent in bed.

Well, whatever you today - it's still your special day because this is the day that the world got to meet you. And like P says, sometimes days turn out better than we expect them to..

pulisa
16-09-21, 13:59
I hope this is the case, PM and that you are having a decent birthday just pleasing yourself with no hassle from anyone..

Catkins
16-09-21, 18:06
Happy Birthday PM!

Pamplemousse
16-09-21, 20:15
Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks - it's really kind of you :)

I drove to the coast today, mimicking a trip I last did 19 years ago tomorrow. Of course, someone was absent this time :weep:

The plan was originally to go to Hunstanton (always went there as a child, y'see) for a while, have a little something to eat there, then nip over with my camera to the North Norfolk Railway as they're still running a steam service.

It didn't work out like that, but in a good way. Once I had parked up and bought something from the nice café towards the beach (vegan-friendly too) - remarking that the last time I set foot in there was for Mum and Dad to buy me a bucket and spade - I sat in the dunes, drank my tea and had a bite to eat. I then decided to walk towards the sea to record the sound as a sleep aid - it was approaching high tide by now - and then I suddenly noticed something.

I wasn't worrying about a single thing...

Surprised, I walked back towards the dunes, spread my coat out and laid down on it... and my mind just emptied. Only the sound of the waves and nearby people was in it.

It. Was. Wonderful.

I laid there for an hour or so before heading home - the North Norfolk Railway can wait for another day, I was enjoying being at ease for the first time in ages. I took a razor clam shell from the beach and put it on my wife's memorial when I got home.

Funny thing is, when I did this back in 2002 it was very cold and we were probably the only people on the beach, save for the inevitable dog exercisers and detectorists; but this time, the beach probably had at least a hundred, maybe two hundred or more people around...

pulisa
16-09-21, 21:29
Glad you found some peace, PM...and Happy Birthday! The sea has wonderfully calming properties-so glad it worked its magic on you..

Catkins
17-09-21, 05:40
That sounds like a wonderful day PM.

MyNameIsTerry
17-09-21, 06:27
Happy birthday, PM :birthday::birthday1:

That sounds terrific and a fantastic birthday present for you. An angel on your shoulder giving you one of the best gifts you could hope for.

NoraB
17-09-21, 07:44
Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks - it's really kind of you :)

I drove to the coast today, mimicking a trip I last did 19 years ago tomorrow. Of course, someone was absent this time :weep:

The plan was originally to go to Hunstanton (always went there as a child, y'see) for a while, have a little something to eat there, then nip over with my camera to the North Norfolk Railway as they're still running a steam service.

It didn't work out like that, but in a good way. Once I had parked up and bought something from the nice café towards the beach (vegan-friendly too) - remarking that the last time I set foot in there was for Mum and Dad to buy me a bucket and spade - I sat in the dunes, drank my tea and had a bite to eat. I then decided to walk towards the sea to record the sound as a sleep aid - it was approaching high tide by now - and then I suddenly noticed something.

I wasn't worrying about a single thing...

Surprised, I walked back towards the dunes, spread my coat out and laid down on it... and my mind just emptied. Only the sound of the waves and nearby people was in it.

It. Was. Wonderful.

I laid there for an hour or so before heading home - the North Norfolk Railway can wait for another day, I was enjoying being at ease for the first time in ages. I took a razor clam shell from the beach and put it on my wife's memorial when I got home.

Funny thing is, when I did this back in 2002 it was very cold and we were probably the only people on the beach, save for the inevitable dog exercisers and detectorists; but this time, the beach probably had at least a hundred, maybe two hundred or more people around...

Posts like this do my heart good..

I'm so happy that you had a good birthday PM. :yesyes:

glassgirlw
18-09-21, 12:50
PM what a wonderful post. I’m so glad you found a measure of peace, that it was on your birthday is even better.

Im exactly the same with the sea. I live 14 hours from the closest coast, so I don’t get to go often. But yeah, it’s exactly as you describe for me. I put my toes in the sand and just listen to the waves. There is nothing more relaxing to me.

I’m glad you had a positive birthday :bighug1: