PDA

View Full Version : I have Covid

LouiseC1896
16-09-21, 21:35
Hi, I tested positive for covid on Tuesday and my symptoms started on Saturday night. I’m really scared as I can’t stop coughing, now I can hear a crackling noise after I cough. It’s very faint and feels like it’s coming from the back of my throat. However, it’s probably coming from my lungs. Really scared I’ll develop pneumonia or end up in hospital. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I had a fever for days which disappeared on Tuesday, scared it’ll come back.

Speranza
16-09-21, 22:53
I'm so sorry, you must be very scared. If the fever has disappeared I don't think it's very likely you are worse. Keep an eye on that. Otherwise all you can do is rest and drink fluids, just like when we have flu.

I'll be thinking of you. Are you on your own? x

NancyW
16-09-21, 23:26
So sorry to hear you're sick.
I had a horrendous cough for 3 weeks, coughing my guts out so bad I hurt my ribs.

Drs here are suggesting we get that little thing to test your oxygen, they give a number to drop below to head to the hospital. Its really hard to judge by how bad the cough is.

LouiseC1896
17-09-21, 05:25
Thanks for the replies. I don’t think I coughed during the night but woke up and started coughing there. I can hear that crackling noise again and I’m freaking out!

LouiseC1896
17-09-21, 10:10
No, I live with my boyfriend who also has covid. We’re both just so tired. I keep googling covid and reading about when people are admitted to hospital. This cracking after I cough is seriously making me panic.

LouiseC1896
17-09-21, 10:30
I’ve recently tested positive for covid and have had a cough for 6 days. I think it’s getting better but I can hear crackles when I exhale or cough, they sound like they’re coming from the back of my throat. I keep googling and it says it could be pneumonia or fluid in the lungs. I’m so scared I’ll have to go to hospital.

nomorepanic
17-09-21, 10:59
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
17-09-21, 11:27
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

glassgirlw
17-09-21, 16:34
I’ve recently tested positive for covid and have had a cough for 6 days. I think it’s getting better but I can hear crackles when I exhale or cough, they sound like they’re coming from the back of my throat. I keep googling and it says it could be pneumonia or fluid in the lungs. I’m so scared I’ll have to go to hospital.

Im so sorry, Louise. I can understand your fears. Have you received any of the vaccines?

.Poppy.
17-09-21, 16:52
Hi Louise,

An oxygen monitor is probably a good idea. I haven't had covid but I've had both bronchitis and pneumonia a few times. For me, it was always very obvious when my lungs weren't clear because my chest would feel really heavy and would burn when I took breaths. Crackling in your throat isn't necessarily that - it could very much just be mucus or fluid in your throat itself.

I hope you get to feeling better! You and your boyfriend both. A humidifier might help?

glassgirlw
17-09-21, 19:38
Oh yes, definitely do the humidifier. That and steamy hot baths with some eucalyptus oil thrown in are how I get through my yearly bouts with bronchitis. Also lots of hot teas with honey, or hot broth to drink.

fishman65
17-09-21, 20:36
You didn't say whether you were vaccinated Louise? Some great advice from the girls here. Even though you may not feel like it, remember to try and eat nutritious food and stay hydrated.

LouiseC1896
18-09-21, 10:56
Thanks for the advise. I’ve not hand the vaccine, I have a lot of anxiety about getting it and I’m trying to get pregnant. I coughed up the tiniest bit of mucus this morning, it was kind of light greenish and brown. I read that this mean pneumonia. I can breath fine, it’s just when I take a deep breath I start coughing.

.Poppy.
18-09-21, 18:24
Thanks for the advise. I’ve not hand the vaccine, I have a lot of anxiety about getting it and I’m trying to get pregnant. I coughed up the tiniest bit of mucus this morning, it was kind of light greenish and brown. I read that this mean pneumonia. I can breath fine, it’s just when I take a deep breath I start coughing.

Green just means infection, not necessarily in the lungs. Have you seen a doctor? They can listen to your lungs and tell you quickly if they are clear.

Careful1
19-09-21, 17:35
Green mucus is okay, it just means you have an upper respiratory infection which is completely normal with these kinds of viruses. It sounds like you’re doing mostly okay, I know it’s scary just knowing you have COVID probably even if one has no symptoms at all but the majority of people come out just fine.

Take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest.

LouiseC1896
21-09-21, 14:43
I called the doctors yesterday and they gave me anti antibiotics, said it might be bronchitis. However now I’ve broke out in rashes, on my elbows knees and feet. And my stupid freckle on my face that I’ve got so much health anxiety over looks inflamed too. I’m really trying not to freak out. Called the pharmacy and she thinks it’s covid related but said to phone the doctors just to make sure. What else could it be? Cancer? Or something equally as serious?

glassgirlw
21-09-21, 15:57
I actually read an article yesterday about Covid rashes. Apparently it’s a thing and is definitely tied to the virus. Should clear up once it passes. It’s crazy all the varied symptoms this virus causes!

LouiseC1896
21-09-21, 17:20
Yeah, I’m just scared cause it might be an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. I’m so tired and can’t stop sleeping. I’m on day 10. My boyfriend’s on day 6 and can’t stop throwing up.

LouiseC1896
21-09-21, 17:37
Just googled the side affects of the antibiotic I’m on and they are horrific! Seriously worried. I’m taking doxycycline and it says it can cause intercranial hypertension and Steven Johnson Syndrome, the last one seems to be what I have or starting to have. Does anyone have experience with this drug?

Fishmanpa
21-09-21, 18:42
Just googled

Why are you doing this to yourself? You have enough stress dealing with the virus.

FMP

elizabethalice
21-09-21, 18:58
Hello, when we had covid my boyfriend had the most awful cough. He was in the toilet bringing up mucus about once an hour and it sounded like he was coughing all his organs up. It was horrible! They thought he might have an infection so were going to prescribe him antibiotics but didn't in the end. It sounds like you're ok from your other symptoms but speak to the dr if you need to. My boyfriend was very ill but he is completely fine now and I'm sure you will be too!

spectrum123
21-09-21, 19:13
I called the doctors yesterday and they gave me anti antibiotics, said it might be bronchitis. However now I’ve broke out in rashes, on my elbows knees and feet. And my stupid freckle on my face that I’ve got so much health anxiety over looks inflamed too. I’m really trying not to freak out. Called the pharmacy and she thinks it’s covid related but said to phone the doctors just to make sure. What else could it be? Cancer? Or something equally as serious?

I get a rash from Amoxicillin, it's not painful, starts in on the folds knees/elbows/groin/armpits that spreads outwards, a couple of antihistamine tablets, and it's gone within 7-12 hours. Might be a minor allergic reaction, which isn't uncommon. I would tell the Dr as if it is, they'll give you an antibiotic from a different group in future.

glassgirlw
22-09-21, 00:59
Just googled the side affects of the antibiotic I’m on and they are horrific! Seriously worried. I’m taking doxycycline and it says it can cause intercranial hypertension and Steven Johnson Syndrome, the last one seems to be what I have or starting to have. Does anyone have experience with this drug?

Absolutely never Google medication side effects lol. I’ve learned that the hard way!!! Doxy is a pretty mild antibiotic. If you’re developing a rash, antihistamines work, like Benadryl. And your doc will prescribe you a different one if they think you need it. But please try not to stress yourself out over potential side effects.

LouiseC1896
22-09-21, 09:41
Thanks guys. I know I’m being an idiot googling. I’m waiting on the dr phoning me. The rash has gotten worse, my feel are really blotchy and itchy. I also have a pink/purple itchy rash on my thighs and arms.

LouiseC1896
22-09-21, 16:33
My 10 year old son woke up today with itchy hands and feet. Now his fingers are swollen. I feel this is never ending.