PDA

View Full Version : fear is always in my head

feefee1@feefee1karoo
15-11-07, 14:08
hi my name is cherie,iam 31 years old and i have been having panic attacks and really bad anxiety for over 13 years. i remember the first time it happend i was at home with my boyfriend and all of a sudden it felt like my throat was closing up and i started to panic and since that dredfull day i have gone from one anxiety to another.i have been to see my doctor i have been put on so many different pills you can think off like seroxat,diazepam,chlordiazepoxide, but nothing seems to work for me. i have even seen people from the mental health team ijust dont know what else to do:shrug: at the moment iam going through a phase of everything i eat ithink iam going to have an allergic reaction it has got to the stage where iam loosing weight,does anyone else have this problem.

manmoor
15-11-07, 15:56
Hi Cherie,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Nibbles
15-11-07, 16:04
Hi Cherie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

I don't suffer from that particular problem myself but there are people on here who do. I'm sure someone will be along to offer advice soon. In the meantime the links on the left are a really good place to start.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
15-11-07, 16:18
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

feefee1@feefee1karoo
15-11-07, 16:20
thanks mike its nice to know there are people out there who do care.
i should of joined this page a long time ago.

thanks cherie

feefee1@feefee1karoo
15-11-07, 16:31
do you know what really gets to me, i work in retail and 9 times out of 10 when iam on the till my anxiety goes through the roof and the customers have no idea what iam going through at that moment in time.i just want to scream at them to go away :ohmy: does anyone else go through panic and anxiety when they are at work and how do you get through it.

cherie.

nomorepanic
15-11-07, 17:02
Hi Cherie,

:welcome: aboard.

Yes I panic at work so I go outside in the cool and sit and do some slow deep breathing - only thing that calms me. Sometimes I go and sit in the loos as well and try to calm down in there.

Have you asked for CBT at all?

feefee1@feefee1karoo
15-11-07, 17:05
hi nicola with me been new to this what does cbt mean thanks cherie.

sagey
15-11-07, 17:35
Hi feefee, I've lost weight from my anxiety and panic, I think in my case it's due to lots of pacing about and being to preoccupied to eat properly on some occasions. If i'm having a bad day, like today, I'm always searching at what I ate yesterday to see if there is a link. Is that how you are?

nomorepanic
15-11-07, 17:51
Cherie

I have been trying to mail you to tell you that your login on here is:

feefee1@feefee1karoo

The email is bouncing so hope you see this.

Do you want a different login name?

feefee1@feefee1karoo
15-11-07, 18:08
hi sagey when i get really anxious i pace the house i have been doing that a lot today. i have just had some cheese on toast and my throat feels really tight,but i had cheese on toast this morning and i felt fine i think i think to much on one thing nd then my anxiety gets out of control does that happen to you.take care cherie

nomorepanic
15-11-07, 18:28
hi nicola with me been new to this what does cbt mean thanks cherie.

It is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy

Have a read of the therapy website page and that will describe it in more detail

I see you got back on ok :yesyes:

groovygranny
15-11-07, 19:49
Hello Cherie:welcome: to you!

Pleased to meet you - good to see you're getting good advice already!

If I begin to feel 'jittery' at work, I try and think past the situation. Or I delete some files I don't need anymore (I work with computers!) and pretend they're my 'jittery' bits. Or I txt a friend and get a timely hug. And nobody realises what I'm doing or why.

Try not to allow it to overwhelm you - ride the wave and it will subside sooner than you think.

Glad you found us!

:flowers:

kittykat
15-11-07, 19:51
Hi there Cherie,

WELCOME to the site xx

Pink Princess
16-11-07, 11:13
hey xx

http://www.gregorygraphics.com/images/welcome_orchid.jpg

take kare xxxxxx

feefee1@feefee1karoo
16-11-07, 12:06
i would like to thank everyone who has welcomed me to this site,it means so much to me to know there is people out there going through the same thing. i would also like to think that iam able to hopefully give some advice to anyone out there who may need it.
love to you all
cherie.

Lindalou64
16-11-07, 12:49
HELLO CHERIE AND WELCOME TO THE SITE........LINDA