PDA

View Full Version : Genuinly frightened please help!!!

Jinkus
15-11-07, 17:11
Hi All,

Well i am still having the dreded ectopic beats, i must have 100 a day a least and they are totally ruining my life. But i wanted some advice on another problem i experienced today. I was involved in an argument with another drive whilst driving home and it ended up me getting out of the car and having a full blown shouting match at them. Eventually i got back in my car and my adrenalin was pumping & i was have multiple ectopics, i could feel me heart thumping away, i noticed that my heart was beating slow for 3 seconds then really fast for 3 seconds, and it was repeating this for at least 4 minutes. This of course has got me very worried, im now convinced there is something wrong with my heart and it is going to lead to me having a major heart problem or worse!!!!!! I have done a little research online and some sites suggest this is a symptom of a damaged SA Node??????

Im so frightened, my and my fiance have just had a first child and im so scared that something is going to happen to me before i get to see him grow up.

I have had all the tests, ECGs, ECHO's, Blood Tests, X Rays, 24 Hour Tape, 7 Day Tape, Barium Meal & more. The doctors tell me that other that a little fluid around the heart im normal.

But I convinced they are wrong, and what has happened today has made my feelings deeper.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them, where there heart is going fast then slow, fast the slow, for a few mintues????????

Im petrified.

Sean
x

honeybee3939
15-11-07, 22:40
Hi Sean

Not sure if you have seen the Common Symptoms section of the forum, theres quite a few threads that may help to reasure you hun.
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7794

Hope they help, sending you a hug too hun:hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

angiebaby
15-11-07, 23:20
I know how you feel, it is awful when we are so sensitive to our hearts isn't it? Ectopics run my life too, i hate them so much and can never get rid of the fear of them even though i know they are benign. They just feel so horrible and nasty. I also hate it when my heart plays tricks on me by going fast and slow too.
I think you did so very well, i wouldn't dare have a row like that anymore as now i am such a chicken! Lol.xx

TracyL
16-11-07, 00:11
I know exactly how you feel. My heart does this all the time. I have ectopic/missed/irregular beats. Sometimes i can't figure out what on earth its doing but its totally irregular. I've had ecg's, ekg's, 24 hour monitor etc all come back fine. Still it scares us.

I think you did great to have the confrontation, good on you.

You're not alone hun

hugs Tracy

Jinkus
16-11-07, 20:45
Hii All,

Thanks so much for your replies, its nice to know people are they to talk to who experience the same symptoms as they understand.

I have been to the Doctors today who is sending me for more bloodtests! so will keep you posted.

I have had a little better day today, my heart hasnt had the slow, fast slow fast slow fast, thing, i have actually not had a ciggarette all day as i decided to quit and i havnt had many ectopics at all!!!! so im going to stick to the big quit!

Thanks again all

Sean
x