PDA

View Full Version : Black toenail mark

Matthew1233
22-09-21, 18:48
Hi

For about 3-4 weeks I have had this black mark on the bottom left hand nail of my right toenail. Didn't think much of it at first, thought it was dirt that was lodged and felt like a got a bit out. But it's still there but hasn't gotten bigger or moved etc. I was picking at it there and felt like I got something out of it but didn't want to touch it more in case I did more harm. It felt like blood, coz there seems to be a little bit of red. It seems to be sitting on top of the nail.

I'm now worried about melanomas in particular subungual melanoma which is apparently very serious.

I do fret over silly thing sometimes, but I am a bit worried.

Thanks

nomorepanic
22-09-21, 20:37
Just leave it alone and watch what happens

NancyW
23-09-21, 02:00
subungual melanoma

Humm... you're not googling are you?

Matthew1233
23-09-21, 08:24

Yes I have been, which worried me

NoraB
23-09-21, 08:35
I'm now worried about melanomas in particular subungual melanoma which is apparently very serious.

Dr Google claims another victim! :whistles:

My first question would be this..

Have you had a toe injury recently?

Have you stubbed your toe?

Worn new boots?

Tripped up?

Played any sports?

Dropped something on your toe?

That's a few questions, but you get my drift?

Matthew1233
23-09-21, 08:51
Dr Google claims another victim! :whistles:

My first question would be this..

Have you had a toe injury recently?

Have you stubbed your toe?

Worn new boots?

Tripped up?

Played any sports?

Dropped something on your toe?

That's a few questions, but you get my drift?

I genuinely can't remember as I've this for at least 4 or more weeks but I may have I just cannot remember. I have stubbed my toe many times before.

NancyW
23-09-21, 12:45
Yes I have been, which worried me

And the lesson here is?

Matthew1233
23-09-21, 21:09
And the lesson here is?

That i'm stupid

NoraB
24-09-21, 06:12
That i'm stupid

'You're' not stupid. We've all Googled symptoms. It's just not a very good idea when you have HA..

unsure_about_this
24-09-21, 08:32
Years ago, my Dad got a black mark not on his toe nail, but on his bed on nail of thumb, he stubbed his thumb, and it took ages to grow out and heal,

He did go the chemist and doctors to have it checked out

Matthew1233
24-09-21, 09:23
'You're' not stupid. We've all Googled symptoms. It's just not a very good idea when you have HA..

It is hard to not look at times as I am working from home and im sitting in front of a computer screen for 8 hours straight sometimes so the temptation is there whenever I am on breaks or what not.

Matthew1233
24-09-21, 11:52
UPDATE:

It looks very dark red, almost like blood

NoraB
25-09-21, 08:05
It is hard to not look at times as I am working from home and im sitting in front of a computer screen for 8 hours straight sometimes so the temptation is there whenever I am on breaks or what not.

I have access to the internet 24/7. I don't Google symptoms anymore because I know it's the psychological equivalent of hitting myself with a hammer!

Put Post-It notes on your screen..

Suggestions..

DON'T YOU DARE!!

HELP OR HARM?

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, DICKHEAD (this was the one I used)

:yesyes:

Matthew1233
25-09-21, 16:16
I have access to the internet 24/7. I don't Google symptoms anymore because I know it's the psychological equivalent of hitting myself with a hammer!

Put Post-It notes on your screen..

Suggestions..

DON'T YOU DARE!!

HELP OR HARM?

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, DICKHEAD (this was the one I used)

:yesyes:

Should try that

Matthew1233
26-09-21, 18:39
I'm still panicking over this I cannot relax. Don't know what to do. I was doing so good for ages regarding HA.

Fishmanpa
26-09-21, 18:51
I'm still panicking over this I cannot relax. Don't know what to do. I was doing so good for ages regarding HA.

I get it that for you this is some very real sinister thing but the reality is its nothing and you're just torturing yourself :lac:

FMP

Matthew1233
26-09-21, 19:04
I get it that for you this is some very real sinister thing but the reality is its nothing and you're just torturing yourself :lac:

FMP

You're completely right, but I don't know why I feel its sinister.

NoraB
27-09-21, 07:55
You're completely right, but I don't know why I feel its sinister.

Because HA has you by the danglers Matthew. That's why it feels sinister. HA only deals in sinister, death, terminal illness, and fear.

HA deals only in irrational thoughts which is why you need therapy to be able to learn how to challenge these thoughts...

You have to give Dr Google the heave ho because no good will ever come from Googling symptoms when you have a raging case of health anxiety. I could literally google a paper cut and Dr Ghoulgle will diagnose me with something life-threatening. :whistles: