PDA

View Full Version : FAO the No More Panic development team - page refresh

mico
15-11-07, 21:49
Nic

As a long standing member, although overjoyed by your new and improved website and forums, I have an issue that I would like to raise with your development team. I appreciate that your offices must be busy at this time of year, under strain to meet strict deadlines, but if you can have a word with your project manager it would be appreciated.

Whenever I log onto nmp, it is necesary for me to refresh the page in order to view new content. For example, should I receive a private message, I must refresh the page before I am presented with said item. Or in a similar fashion, all forum posts remain static with no updates until the page is manually refreshed. I'm sure you can imagine my dismay when, last Tuesday, I sat for 36 hours, without food or water, whilst I awaited reply to an urgent post, yet no reply appeared. The reply was in fact, posted 10 minutes after the original post was made. The other 35 hours and 50 minutes in which I waited appear to have been an unecesary use of my time.

I will not in this instance be applying for compensation for my time lost, but would be grateful if a solution to this problem can be found.

I am using the Opera browser.

Yours

mico

Disclaimer: Some of the elements contained within this document are the work of fiction and are not to be taken seriously by people without a sense of humour

trac67
15-11-07, 21:54
:lisa:

Trac xxxx

nomorepanic
15-11-07, 21:58
User error :read: :spam::wistupid:

Hehe that told you Mico :hugs:

mico
15-11-07, 22:08
I do actually have a problem with the page not refreshing. I could go and find out how to fix it myself but I'm much too lazy for that, so geniunely wondered if your, ahem, development team held the answer to my question, thus saving me valuable time, which could be used for more constructive tasks, such as browsing YouTube.

:)

trac67
15-11-07, 22:15
I know all those seconds soon add up huh :lac:

love

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
15-11-07, 22:18
It doesn't refresh automatically - you have to refresh it.

Just click on active topics in last hour etc to find them.

Vbulletin is not designed to refresh the page you sit on.

It is not our product Mico - we just paid for it lol

trac67
15-11-07, 22:21
Vbulletin is not designed to refresh the page you sit on.

so to put it bluntly get off ya butt and refresh it yourself :D lmao

Trac xxxx

mico
15-11-07, 22:28
No, but what I mean is. Generally, as with the old forum, if you go to a new page, say if I enter the General Anxiety sub-forum from the main forum page, then everything in there would refresh. I'm not talking about an automatic refresh while sitting on the page.

And then, if I'm in there, and I click on the Forum link at the left, it will take me back to the main forum, fully refreshed. Or at least that's what it should do, but it doesn't.

What actually happens, is I click on the Forum link, then I get sent back in time. A time before I made any posts that I've just made. And I didn't go 88mph or anything. So to get back to the present moment, with all present topics, I have to press F5 or right click and select refresh.

nomorepanic
15-11-07, 22:30
Have you tried any browser other than opera??

mico
15-11-07, 22:37
No. I haven't got time for things like that, there's food to eat and beer to drink.

:shrug:

Ok, maybe I'll put some effort into finding my own solution.

groovygranny
15-11-07, 23:07
OMG!!:ohmy:

GG's in the Twilight Zone!! (ok, no surprise there then!):blink:

It wasn't until I got to here......

......Vbulletin is not designed to refresh the page you sit on.

so to put it bluntly get off ya butt and refresh it yourself :biggrin: lmao......

That I realised it wuz all just friendly 'banter' :winks: !!! And then, when I got to here.....:shades:

No, but what I mean is. Generally, as with the old forum, if you go to a new page, say if I enter the General Anxiety sub-forum from the main forum page, then everything in there would refresh. I'm not talking about an automatic refresh while sitting on the page.

And then, if I'm in there, and I click on the Forum link at the left, it will take me back to the main forum, fully refreshed. Or at least that's what it should do, but it doesn't.

What actually happens, is I click on the Forum link, then I get sent back in time. A time before I made any posts that I've just made. And I didn't go 88mph or anything. So to get back to the present moment, with all present topics, I have to press F5 or right click and select refresh.

I realised that not only was I in the Twilight Zone, but I was in an Alternative Universe light years away from anything I could make sense of lol !! :shrug: :winks: !!

Mozilla rules I say lol !!!

Happy Daze !! :roflmao:

:madness: :madness: :madness:

mico
15-11-07, 23:19
I have Mozilla, but I alternate my browsers and use them for different sites. That way nothing gets mixed up, it's probably the only organisation I have in my life. And I'm stuck in my ways and I don't want to ruin it.

Life is so difficult, I don't know how I cope sometimes.

trac67
15-11-07, 23:29
Its such hard work being you isnt it Mico lol

Love

Trac xxxx

manmoor
15-11-07, 23:45
:madness: :lisa: :w00t2:

clickaway
16-11-07, 00:46
I really think Nic ought to have bought a system that refreshed us all.

I sit here for hours and still have anxiety at the end of it :huh: