PDA

View Full Version : Omens and owls freaking out

scaredgirl86
02-10-21, 00:58
I remember hearing that hearing owls hooting is a omen of death and bad and tonight first time ever we I heard one hooting for a long time. I love in a condor there some trees woods behind but not really big woods of that makes sense. I’m freaked out I look it up and all these bad stories I don’t know what to do you think this is true

Fishmanpa
02-10-21, 02:57
Superstition: a widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event, or a practice based on such a belief.

FMP

NoraB
02-10-21, 06:55
I remember hearing that hearing owls hooting is a omen of death and bad and tonight first time ever we I heard one hooting for a long time. I love in a condor there some trees woods behind but not really big woods of that makes sense. I’m freaked out I look it up and all these bad stories I don’t know what to do you think this is true

The only way this could possibly be a 'bad omen' is if you were to go out there with a chainsaw, chop down the tree the owl's perching in, and the tree falls on you or/and the owl claws at your face because you just interrupted his mating call (and he was on a promise) :ohmy:

And even then I wouldn't call it a bad omen, I'd call it justice. :shrug:

Lencoboy
03-10-21, 15:54
Sounds like a typical BS old wives' tale/superstition/myth/conspiracy theory.

I should take such things you read online with a pinch of salt.