PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive teeth

phil06
02-10-21, 17:28
I had a bit of plaque fall of back of my teeth bottom ones and my it felt different so my tongue kept hitting it I’ve had it before and it felt sensitive for a week or so will it pass again? Anybody else had this?

Catkins
02-10-21, 18:12
I have sensitive teeth generally and over recent years bits of tooth, filling and whatever else have fallen out. Whenever I get sensitivity I use Sensodyne Rapid Relief, I believe it has a small amount of anaesthetic in (I think my dentist told me that), and if my gums are involved I use Corsodyl mouthwash or salt water.

It usually settles down, if it keeps coming back then I go to the dentist. During first lockdown I had the top of half a tooth fall out and managed to keep it under control with a bit of temporary filing stuff, sensodyne and Corsodyl until the dentists reopened.

I found some Sensodyne rapid relief in B&M yesterday for £2.99, so bought 2 packs as it's quite expensive.

spectrum123
02-10-21, 18:46
At least dentists are back open now, if you feel you need to see one!

phil06
02-10-21, 19:54
Thanks I will try that toothpaste hopefully this one goes away itself as I have a dentist fear..

Fishmanpa
02-10-21, 19:59
From COVID passports to sensitive teeth? :wacko:

Ok then...

FMP

pulisa
02-10-21, 21:00
Something to chew over..

Have you ever seen a dentist, Phil?

phil06
02-10-21, 21:41
Something to chew over..

Have you ever seen a dentist, Phil?

I have but not for a while

Fishmanpa
02-10-21, 22:33
I have but not for a while

So?.......Oh but wait.... you might need to be vaxxed for that :shrug:

FMP

NoraB
03-10-21, 07:35
I had a bit of plaque fall of back of my teeth bottom ones and my it felt different so my tongue kept hitting it I’ve had it before and it felt sensitive for a week or so will it pass again? Anybody else had this?

It's bound to feel different because that's where the tongue naturally sits but the important things is to get plaque build up removed by the hygienist..

phil06
04-10-21, 17:41
I posted similar in 2011 https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?105969-Small-piece-of-tooth-fell-off&highlight=Teeth sadly can’t remember how long it took to go away

LittleLionMan
04-10-21, 21:02
It doesn’t matter. You know it does go away, and then didn’t bother you again for 10 years.
Don’t start Googling stuff about teeth, it’s a minefield.