PDA

View Full Version : Scared of "triangle of death"

wasdhu
03-10-21, 09:34
I told someone I had a white head above my lip that I removed and then they told me that area has a chance for infection to spread to the brain and kill you- which can happen through popping spots.

This sounds like something that happens very rarely but the fact that I popped a whitehead still gives it a chance to happen. I'm trynig not to think about it but this will be on my mind for a while

Chlobo
03-10-21, 10:40
I suffer with peri oral dermatitis around my mouth which sometimes gives me pimples that can be popped. I’ve popped them for as long as I can remember.

ShaunRyder
03-10-21, 13:00
I doubt anyone has actually died from popping a spot in that area, I think it would have to be a very serious infection for something like this to happen and even then it would be very rare. It probably takes a long time for the infection to travel to the brain and most people would go to their doctor before the infection would get that serious.

If your white head goes which it most likely will then just forget it, if it does get infected then just go to your doctor and they will give you an antibiotic or a cream to get rid of it but you should not worry about this travelling to your brain it is very very rare.

I’ve popped loads of spots in that area over the years and nothing has ever happened.

MyNameIsTerry
03-10-21, 14:29
Have a read of my post in this thread where it has come up before:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?223842-Scared-from-cavernous-sinus-thrombosis/page3&highlight=Danger+triangle

Occasionally the media bring this one up. It's nonsense, the medical cases behind this rare issue are concerned with boils and not pimples.

AntsyVee
03-10-21, 17:24
This was a hoax to scare teens.

wasdhu
03-10-21, 19:16
Everyone's replies are very comforting actually, thank you guys!

Catkins
03-10-21, 19:50
I've had spots of all varieties since my early teenage years. White heads, black heads, milia, cysts, ingrown hairs, I could go on and on. But, in all my 54 years this is the first I've heard of the triangle of death.

Over the years I have picked and squeezed, prodded and poked all kinds of spots in this area. I've also had umpteen sinus infections. I'm still here.

Are you having any help for your HA?

NoraB
04-10-21, 07:24
I told someone I had a white head above my lip that I removed and then they told me that area has a chance for infection to spread to the brain and kill you- which can happen through popping spots.

I took on a massive zit in this area only yesterday. It took four attempts but I got the b'stard in the end. I'm still alive. (I think?) :unsure:

WiredIncorrectly
04-10-21, 08:37
I've been battling zits and acne since my teens. Popping is a part of life. Never had any issues from popping zits. The bigger, the better! Every Sunday is blackhead hunting day.

NancyW
05-10-21, 12:20
This was a hoax to scare teens.

Well, no its not, but its not a death sentence either.

NoraB
06-10-21, 06:55
I've been battling zits and acne since my teens. Popping is a part of life. Never had any issues from popping zits. The bigger, the better! Every Sunday is blackhead hunting day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^another reason why I like you! :yesyes:

wasdhu
06-10-21, 12:32
Are you having any help for your HA?

no :,)