PDA

View Full Version : Is it only me?

yorkylover
15-11-07, 23:39
I have noticed recently that when Im stressed or Im really on edge I start to reach.I dont feel sick in my tummy or anything just start to reach and nothing comes up,its quite embarrasing.I just feel as though all the tension is in my throat.Does that make sense to anyone.

Its happened when Iv had to go to somewhere like the dentist,but it happens alot when Im agitated.:weep:
Please tell me its not just me:wacko: :wacko:

Bill
16-11-07, 02:04
Hello Ellen,

When we feel anxious we get a dry mouth and tense up all our throat muscles which is probably why you're getting this problem. Keep your mouth and throat moist by sucking a sweet or a mint, or sipping water. It should ease it.:hugs:

yorkylover
16-11-07, 12:58
Thanks for replying Bill,and for your advise.:hugs:

sagey
16-11-07, 13:05
I get that too Yorkie. It was bad over the summer when I was preparing for my eldest 2 kids to leave for uni/college. It was as though I couldn't control it, especially in the mornings, I felt so choked up. With me I think it is mainly emotional and it has settled a bit now but if I think too hard about it, that can set me off on not being able to swallow and the rest. so you're not alone.

HazyMind
16-11-07, 13:36
Hi Ellen,

I get that too especially when I am particularly nervous about something. Try not to worry about it, it's a normal anxiety feeling. I get it with and without the nausea too.

Take Care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

x

yorkylover
16-11-07, 15:57
Thanks everyone,it means alot not to be alone.:hugs:

Mind you I never feel alone when Im on here.:hugs: :hugs:

sagey
16-11-07, 17:30
A way I try and recover from this is to relax my shoulders and tell myself it's not the response I want,it's not appropriate. also I'll open my jaw wide and gasp in some air so it hits the back of the throat. Anyone else got any tips?