PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to see a gland in your neck??

Beautiful disaster
04-10-21, 15:47
Hi everyone. Wondering if anyone has experienced this with their own child. I was watching my 10 year old play with her sibling, when I saw her throw her head back laughing and a saw a gland to the side of the voice box region in her neck. It wasn’t huge or anything- it literally looked like it was just popping out. She is acting 100 percent normal. Hasn’t been sick - though allergy like stuff here and there. And you cannot see it at all when her neck is in normal positions and generally moving around. I only see it when her neck is extended back. I am wondering if it has always been there. But there is a part of me that is very nervous because I feel like I shouldn’t be able to see it at all. Has anyone had any experience of this with their own child or themselves? Thank you so much.

Chlobo
04-10-21, 18:03
It sounds like it’s possibly enlarged but usually it’s nothing to worry about.
I find glands act weird in children. My friends son has a large lymph node in his neck that’s been swollen for years that the doctor was never concerned about, you can actually see his on the side of his neck and it’s visible just by looking.
My own son also has one, it isn’t visible but a bit larger than a pea. Doctor was never worried.
I think kids nodes and glands can easily swell just from a slight immune reaction to anything.
You could always check with the doctor if you’re really worried though. But as she’s totally normal in herself I don’t think they would worry

Beautiful disaster
05-10-21, 02:12
Thank you so much for your reply. It helps to hear of other situations. I have been searching similar threads on here and it seems that the way they are acting plays a bigger role. She is completely herself. I also got a notification later today that she has a dentist appointment scheduled for next week- I am considering asking the dentist. I figure it’s in that area.

pray4me
05-02-22, 21:50
Beautiful disaster,
Do you have any update about your daughter's node? I have noticed the exact same thing with my 10-year old son. My husband, who is usually NOT a worrier is insisting we have it checked out so I will book and appointment on Monday. Thanks!

Sar89
06-02-22, 21:31
Hi my daughter (now 11) had an enormous swollen ball-like gland in her neck that was rock hard and moveable and just generally very sinister. She had her tonsils and adenoids out and it disappeared. It is been there for ages aswel. Kids glands are very responsive I find x