PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is manifesting differently now.

*anxious_mari*
05-10-21, 01:10
Hi all.

So for the past month I’ve noticed that my anxiety has been manifesting physically in the form of shaky/tremor hands and my pinkies with movement shakes a lot. This happens on both sides. I also experienced internal shaking for a few days but that went away and hasn’t come back. Though the shaky/tremor hands happens when my anxiety or adrenaline is high. For example, I noticed it when I was speaking in class when I had to speak in front of everyone. My right hand while resting on my keyboard felt shaky inside. when I would lift the fingers to type they were very tremor-y. When the adrenaline settled so did the tremors.

I recently went to the doctors and mentioned this. She noticed my heart rate was in 130-140, and my blood pressure was slightly elevated than normal past visits. I’ve always had a high heart rate in stressful/anxious situations so that’s not new but she’s seeing now that I have physical symptoms she’s looking into it.

she’s sending me for some blood work to check my glucose/blood sugar and thyroid.

she also mentioned the use of beta blockers and how that would benefit me.

now being a health anxiety sufferer, you know I’ve already googled tremors and now im worried that it could be Parkinson’s. Though I don’t have any other symptoms of it. She knows I have health anxiety and says that tremors can happen for benign reasons and she’s not overly concerned about it.

my question is, is this common in others? and is it normal or should I be worried about it? and how can I stop these shaky/tremor hands without the use of medication?

glassgirlw
05-10-21, 02:38
my question is, is this common in others? and is it normal or should I be worried about it? and how can I stop these shaky/tremor hands without the use of medication?

Yes, it has happened to me during high periods of anxiety. I also have a medication phobia so I don’t take anything for my anxiety. Learning to manage these high anxiety periods will help you to manage the physical symptoms. There are some great stickies on this site with suggestions for that, and some CBT references as well. CBT doesn’t work for everyone and it does require you to put in the work, daily. But it did help me!

*anxious_mari*
05-10-21, 17:26
Yes, it has happened to me during high periods of anxiety. I also have a medication phobia so I don’t take anything for my anxiety. Learning to manage these high anxiety periods will help you to manage the physical symptoms. There are some great stickies on this site with suggestions for that, and some CBT references as well. CBT doesn’t work for everyone and it does require you to put in the work, daily. But it did help me!

thank you for your input!

This is all new to me. I’ve always had HA manifest within my head, but recently my stressors have been more than usual. I’m a bit concerned why my blood pressure was slightly elevated as before even during times of stress it was always normal. The evaluated heart rate has always been 130s-140s when stressed so that’s not new for me. So I’m thinking the two are related somehow, the elevated blood pressure, and the new shaky/tremor hands. Hypertension does run in my family. I am also scared to take beta blockers. She did say I would take them as needed and not everyday. Is this true for those that have/do take them? And what side effects should I be concerned about if I go that route?

As for CBT, I just started my therapy a couple weeks ago! I actually have my second session this coming Wednesday! I hope it really helps!