PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety after covid

Bl59
05-10-21, 08:40
I am just getting over a nasty bout of Covid. My health anxiety which has been under control for 3 years has gone through the roof. I am panicking about not recovering properly, about having complications such as blood clots, heart attacks. I’m panicking about my sons having some childhood complication that I have read about. I feel like I can’t get my breath and have chest pain. I don’t know what is anxiety what is Covid. I used to take citalopram and I’m thinking about going back on them but I’m worried they’ll make me worse to start with and I won’t be able to cope. What if the citalopram makes me more susceptible to blood clots etc?

Speranza
08-10-21, 23:52
I really sympathise but I don't think these are questions we can answer on here. Whichever doctor gives you confidence to speak, ask them.

I haven't had Covid and the chest pain and breathlessness is an anxiety symptom I've had for decades - as I'm sure you will know too!

Did you ever get them before Covid? Given your high level of anxiety it could well be that but I can't tell you that from the other side of the screen, with a Languages degree... talk to someone about what would be signs you really need help/A&E. And then try to trust that information.