PDA

View Full Version : Little dot on nipple?

Melcattt
06-10-21, 17:21
Hi all, so I'm a little concerned and honestly have been so worried about something in particular. I noticed that there's a small black/dark grey dot (basically the size of a pen dot) and there's no pain associated it. I dunno how long it's been there specifically but I noticed it two days ago. I tried to pick it off but it looks like it's actually on my nipple skin. I'm really concerned because I know that there are a few breast cancers that don't always start off as lumps. I'm 25 years old and I don't recall breast cancer being found in my immediate family members. As anyone had this before or have any knowledge of this? I've never seen it before and I refuse to google it because I know I'll just scare the crap out of myself.

Cptdebbie
06-10-21, 18:36
Hi Melcattt,
Sorry you’re going through a rough time. A couple of thoughts came to my mind as I was reading your post.

First, I have pretty serious health anxiety, but I wouldn’t worry about something as small as a pen dot, even on my breast. I would just watch it to see if it gets bigger.

Secondly, I’m at high risk for breast cancer, and I still wouldn’t worry about something that small on my skin.

Thirdly, I have cherry angiomas on my nipples. (You are safe to google this.) These are completely benign skin occurrences. They can be dark colored sometimes. Maybe the dot you see is the beginning of one of these?

Regardless, I wouldn’t worry about it unless it starts to grow. You can maybe show it to your doc the next time you see him/her, but I wouldn’t make an appointment just for this.

Best wishes to you. I hope you feel better soon.