PDA

View Full Version : 29, late onset OCD, I think

DalísGala
07-10-21, 18:01
Hey. You can call me Seren (not my real name)in. Nonbinary, fae/faer pronouns.

I have always had obsessive-compulsive tendencies (which I attributed to autism) but during 2020 had some kind of psychotic break and seem to have developed full-fledged OCD. I can't access NHS help right now, although I'm trying. I need somewhere I can feel... not alone, I guess. I'm hoping this is some kind of hormonal imbalance caused by having the coil fitted for endometriosis and it'll clear up now I've had it removed, but I'm beginning to lose hope.

I love art, art history, baking, reading, K-pop, heavy metal, classical music, and I'm a Hellenic polytheist. I speak a little Welsh, a little Korean, and a little German. Always down to chat.

venusbluejeans
07-10-21, 18:06
Hiya DalísGala and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

DalísGala
08-10-21, 18:17
Thank you so much!

Scissel
08-10-21, 20:15
Welcome to NMP; Seren :)

I hope you will not feel alone here.

I'm learning to become more Nonbinary as I get older now and just accept that I'm "me". I no longer try to fit in anymore with gender roles. I'm quite shy and nervous around people and I don't trust people anymore.

I love a large variety of music as well, so long as its genuine and I feel energy. Even sorrow we can learn from others to reflect upon ourselves. Sometimes we need a reminder that everyone is going through own struggle.

I know OCD and psychosis all too well, myself, so I hope things improve for you.

Take care and see you around the forum :)