PDA

View Full Version : un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

mlc2010
08-10-21, 16:34
feels like there is something wrong with my heart. my pulse is steady and normal though. When I press down on my sternum I can feel an irregular heartbeat in my bones, so I thought " hmm, thats not good " but it doesn't feel like my heart
went on my excercise bike and after a while I could feel my actual heart, and this is feeling like an extra heart beat. surely impossible to have one heartbeat pounding from exercise and a secondary heartbeat? I googled it and " diaphragm spasm " came up, and location matches up. what a head wreck!

anyone experienced this?

Fishmanpa
08-10-21, 17:04
anyone experienced this?

I think the real question is; Who performs such a bizarre self testing behavior and twists it into something sinister?

FMP

mlc2010
08-10-21, 17:06
I think the real question is; Who performs such a bizarre self testing behavior and twists it into something sinister?

FMP

the bigger question in my mind is, what is this weird fluttering feeling in my chest which isn't my heart?

BlueIris
08-10-21, 17:20
No, the question is why are you randomly pressing yourself? If you do strange things, you'll feel strange sensations.

NoraB
09-10-21, 08:09
When I press down on my sternum I can feel an irregular heartbeat in my bones, so I thought " hmm, thats not good "

Neither is pressing down on your sternum...

Why are you even doing this to yourself? :huh:

mlc2010
09-10-21, 10:16
Neither is pressing down on your sternum...

Why are you even doing this to yourself? [/FONT][/COLOR]:huh:

I was lay on bed with hands resting on chest, when I felt it. Pressing down is probably the wrong word

Fishmanpa
09-10-21, 13:03
I was lay on bed with hands resting on chest, when I felt it. Pressing down is probably the wrong word

Then you would have said that. Big difference between pressing down and resting your hands. Now you're just trying to validate the irrationality and behavior.

FMP

NoraB
10-10-21, 10:39

Yet you used 'press' and 'push' several times in your posts?

You pressed down dintcha? :winks:

You can come clean here Mic - most of us are completely barmy. :yesyes:

mlc2010
10-10-21, 20:09
Yet you used 'press' and 'push' several times in your posts?

You pressed down dintcha? :winks:

You can come clean here Mic - most of us are completely barmy. :yesyes:

Well sort of. You have to push to measure your pulse right? Push on the skin slightly

So why is it where I press on my sternum which is near my heart is it making an independent heart beat sound. I already think there is something wrong with my heart and to hear that is worrying

Non of it makes sense though.

NoraB
11-10-21, 08:15
Well sort of. You have to push to measure your pulse right? Push on the skin slightly

So why is it where I press on my sternum which is near my heart is it making an independent heart beat sound. I already think there is something wrong with my heart and to hear that is worrying

Non of it makes sense though.

I've never heard of anybody 'taking their pulse' this way. :shrug:

mrsworry
19-10-21, 22:38
I get a fluttering feeling in my chest a lot not the extra best but it feels like my heart is flipping yet my pulse is regular ����*♀️