PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a history of smoking & get a good chest xray result?

Heather1234
09-10-21, 19:36
Hi. Im really in a valley with my HA. I feel like I probably deserve it though since I smoked. The latest is a chest xray that I wasn't expecting & now I wait for results. Im 40 & she said it was a base line xray in lung cancer screening. I've only been a non smoker for a very short time, so I can't even mentally tell myself thats helping. I looked up all the things a chest xray can show & knew I shouldn't have. Ugh. I should feel happy that she's being thorough, but instead I feel like an anxious mess. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Heather1234
09-10-21, 23:59
Hi. Im really in a valley with my HA. I feel like I probably deserve it though since I smoked. The latest is a chest xray that I wasn't expecting & now I wait for results. Im 40 & she said it was a base line xray in lung cancer screening. I've only been a non smoker for a very short time, so I can't even mentally tell myself thats helping. I looked up all the things a chest xray can show & knew I shouldn't have. Ugh. I should feel happy that she's being thorough, but instead I feel like an anxious mess. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using TapatalkWell I just took my anxious energy and jogged 4.6 miles. Took me an hour to get that far, but feel good that I did it.

Rluvz
10-10-21, 03:36
Jog every other day. Use that energy up!

x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heather1234
10-10-21, 16:21
Anyone have a history of smoking and have a chest xray at 40 that yielded ok results. I don't know why I'm letting this take up so much headspace, but here I am. I quit a few wks ago & just had the xray. She said it was routine bc of my age, 40. I wasn't worried before I knew she was going to do it, but now I am. I think most of it is feeling like I've done the damage to myself & deserve whatever outcome. Its not a good feeling.

nomorepanic
10-10-21, 16:36
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Rluvz
10-10-21, 17:33
Anyone have a history of smoking and have a chest xray at 40 that yielded ok results. I don't know why I'm letting this take up so much headspace, but here I am. I quit a few wks ago & just had the xray. She said it was routine bc of my age, 40. I wasn't worried before I knew she was going to do it, but now I am. I think most of it is feeling like I've done the damage to myself & deserve whatever outcome. Its not a good feeling.

I have a chest x ray every year. Smoked for 10, vaped for 1.5. Take a deep breath and it will be fine. It is not that easy to get anything to do with lungs. Plus if you can manage to run, 99.99% no worries.

Heather1234
10-10-21, 17:44
I have a chest x ray every year. Smoked for 10, vaped for 1.5. Take a deep breath and it will be fine. It is not that easy to get anything to do with lungs. Plus if you can manage to run, 99.99% no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThank you. I did feel better after I ran. I need to go again soon.

Heather1234
11-10-21, 20:21
I just found out my doctor only works Wed-Fri. So if there's something bad on my xray she won't even know until Wed at the soonest. I had the xray last Fri. How do people wait on test results without spiraling? I'm not being a productive person at all these last few days. This is really worrying me & at this point I know I'm not being rational with myself.

Heather1234
11-10-21, 22:01
Welp....drs office just called & chest xray was normal. If anyone reads this that currently smokes....quit. the stress over an avoidable issue is not needed. I know I still need to address the anxiety, but I will never touch another cigarette again. Ever.

Rluvz
12-10-21, 06:38
Welp....drs office just called & chest xray was normal. If anyone reads this that currently smokes....quit. the stress over an avoidable issue is not needed. I know I still need to address the anxiety, but I will never touch another cigarette again. Ever.

May this forum mark your promise to yourself :)