PDA

View Full Version : Note to my future self - Seroxat

Piano
10-10-21, 16:48
I keep coming back to No More Panic everytime I am depressed and starting/upping seroxat (or fluoxetine once). I always seem to forget how bad the first weeks are.

I am now on day 21 after upping seroxat from 25 mg to 30 mg. I’ve felt so horrible, anxious and depressed. The last days have been better, hope it lasts [emoji1696][emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panic_down_under
11-10-21, 12:01
I am now on day 21 after upping seroxat from 25 mg to 30 mg. I’ve felt so horrible, anxious and depressed. The last days have been better, hope it lasts [emoji1696][emoji1696]

This is a very strong reaction from what is a modest dose increase. Did you mean 25mg to 50mg perhaps?

Piano
11-10-21, 12:13
No, 25 mg to 30. But other increases have been worse [emoji37]

Catkins
11-10-21, 17:07
I went from 40mg to 50mg a few months (actually probably 5) and to be honest, I'm not sure what were side effects and what was how I was feeling at the time.

I still have some bad days as well as the good and to be honest some days are a mixture of both.

Are you having any other help? Counselling/therapy?

Piano
11-10-21, 19:06
I’m seeing s psychiatrist.

Did you feel anxious and depressed initially when upping the dose?

Catkins
12-10-21, 06:04
Yes, but as I said, I'm not sure I'd they were side effects or how I was feeling.

Although it is common to feel more anxious when starting/increasing medication.

Piano
12-10-21, 13:59
Note to self: today is day 23. I was nervous and took 10 mg oxazepam. Now things are okay, just wish I didn’t ned a benzo [emoji848]

Piano
12-10-21, 14:00
Yes, but as I said, I'm not sure I'd they were side effects or how I was feeling.

Although it is common to feel more anxious when starting/increasing medication.

Yes I know. Yet I’m always surprised when it happens [emoji50]

Catkins
12-10-21, 17:21
Yes I know. Yet I’m always surprised when it happens [emoji50]

Yes it is very crap. When I increased I found it very useful to come on here for advice. I was so impatient for results too, it was good to be reminded that these things take time.

Piano
13-10-21, 05:26
Yes this site has helped me through some dark times

Piano
14-10-21, 15:47
3 1/2 weeks: feeling better [emoji847]

Catkins
14-10-21, 17:16
3 1/2 weeks: feeling better [emoji847]

Excellent!

Piano
25-10-21, 16:05
5 weeks. Four days with increased nerves. I really really hope this is just temporary [emoji50] I’ve been feeling good since my last post until the last four days [emoji50]

Piano
28-10-21, 13:55
Now it’s a week with anxiety. My psychiatrist dosen’t believe it is caused by the increased dose. I’m starting to lose hope [emoji22]

Catkins
28-10-21, 18:23
I know it's really hard, but since I upped my dose I've had a few blips where my anxiety has gone back up and I've felt totally crap again.

I found that going back to doing all the things that I did in the early days of my dose increase to help manage my anxiety helped. It did feel like I was starting from scratch again. But once I got my head round the fact that I could do something to help myself it got easier.

So don't give up, what techniques have you used previously that helped? 54321, guided meditation and yoga have really helped me. The most important thing I found was to keep doing what I normally do, some nights I would only get 5/6 hours sleep but I still got ready and went to work and survived. Even though I felt like shit if a friend wanted to meet for coffee I would go.

The worst thing I did was sit and be anxious about being anxious. Overthink how I was feeling and search for ways to make myself better.

There's no quick fix and there are times when things are tough but they should become less frequent and less awful.

I've also had some CBT sessions, am having counselling and currently doing a Mindful Self Compassion workbook. I'm not out of the woods yet and I know I've got to continue doing what I'm doing but life is a hell of a lot better than 5 months ago.

Don't lose hope.

Piano
28-10-21, 20:23
Thank you,

This means a lot to me [emoji8] This helps a lot [emoji3059]

Piano
30-10-21, 15:01
Today I’ve felt so good. Yesterday it felt like I had electrical shocks in my brain. Hoping and praying that this is the Seroxat kicking in [emoji1317]

Piano
02-11-21, 13:16
Still feeling good [emoji3059]

Hope it lasts [emoji1696][emoji1696]

6 weeks and 1 day today [emoji4]

Catkins
02-11-21, 16:47
Excellent, keep on taking one day at a time.

Piano
05-11-21, 15:39
Six and a half week now, and the last week has been much better. Today I feel frustrated and depressed again, I just had a fight with my teenage daughter. Now I’m worried that paxil won’t work after all [emoji22]

Catkins
06-11-21, 08:44
Sometimes we just do have arguments with people and are left feeling depressed and frustrated afterwards. It's part of normal life.

I know it isn't easy but try and reassure yourself that this is just as a result of the argument. You aren't going to be happy 100% of the time just because you're on medication, it's completely normal to have times when you're not.

Piano
14-11-21, 20:22
Yes, that is so true [emoji7]

The last 3-4 days have been nice,no nervousness or suicidal thoughts. I haven’t needed oxazepam either. So tomorrow I will start working, if I am in the mood.

Piano
14-11-21, 20:24
Yes, that is so true [emoji7]

The last 3-4 days have been nice,no nervousness or suicidal thoughts. I haven’t needed oxazepam either. So tomorrow I will start working, if I am in the mood.

I am now at the 8 weeks mark

Piano
19-11-21, 14:45
https://youtu.be/6zT8AyfsFmA

The feeling when my depression is lifting [emoji847]

Catkins
19-11-21, 15:33
😁😁