PDA

View Full Version : Memory question?

Aundremyles
11-10-21, 22:10
Does anyone else memory hoard? I'm always scared I'm going to develop dementia or something so I'm always trying to remember everything. It's exhausting. And lately I keep making mistakes or saying the wrong words but I can't tell if it's just from me hyperfocusing instead of just letting my subconscious act. Like for example if I do something that I routinely do in order I keep messing up the order, or if im trying to interact with something I keep pausing before I do.

Cptdebbie
13-10-21, 04:49
Last week I bought a pineapple. For some unknown reason, I kept calling the pineapple a cantaloupe. Anxiety? Brain glitch? I have no idea.

My mother died of Alzheimer’s disease. It wasn’t just her memory that suffered. It was her grasp of life in general. She didn’t understand the difference between big and small, she didn’t understand the calendar system, she thought advertisements she received in the mail were from bill collectors, etc., etc.

I don’t think what you’re experiencing is anything like real dementia.

Take care of yourself and try to relax. (I’m going to say this to myself 100 times before I go to bed. 😉)