PDA

View Full Version : heavy periods

jiggy
16-11-07, 10:47
hello everyone
i have problem you see i worry constnlly abt my health
well u see i have3 kids 1 who is just 6mths old i fell pregnant by accident again over a month ago and i had a termantion .....it was the most awful thing i ever had to do
but i have three gorgeous kids and like a said my youngest is still a baby anyway to my problem
i just got my first period and it is very heavy sometimes iam passing small blood clots evey where i read say its normal to clot during a period???
i cant help thinkig iam bleeding to death
my own fault really for having a termantion but i knoew i would never have coped on my own (husband works away) i hope nobody will judge for me this but i would really like some advice to know wither it is normal to pass small clots during a period

ladygrom
16-11-07, 11:07
hi no one is going to judge you yes it is normal to pass small clots wen havivg a period you are not bleeding to death honest .and im definetly not going to judge you for having termanation like you say your youngest is still only a baby .and dont forget your periods need time to settle down a bit after having a baby .tc elaine xxx

kittykat
16-11-07, 12:05
Hi there lady,

Periods can vary from month to month , i know it took a while for mine to settle after having my children, clots are normal as well.
As for people judging you because you had a termination, that definately won't happen on here, you made a decision that was based on your circumstances and what was best for you, so don't be hard on yourself, your periods also could just be settling after the termination. I'm sure everything will be fine, but if you are still worrying about it go and see your doctor it's what they are there for..........and it stops you from making yourself sick with worry, take care xx

Oceanblue
16-11-07, 12:13
Hi there,

It sound's like you've had to go through quite abit lately, after recently having a baby and then having to go through a termination must have been tough on you.

Just wanted to say that yes it is normal to pass clots during your periods. I have felt that since having my two children my periods have become worse and much heavier, it really does get me down as I do not feel well both physically or mentally. I find that my anxiety level's shoot up and I'm also more prone in becoming depressed during this time.

I have found that the pill Femodene has helped to make my periods lighter. The doctor suggested this and should advise you too if you're having these problems. If these prob's continue there is also other treatments for you.

Take care and hope you start to feel better soon xx:flowers:

hunny
16-11-07, 15:20
Hi

Just wanted to say,yes,this is normal and in particular the first one sfter birth/loss/termination can be especially heavy and therefore frightening

Sending you hugs,you sound like you have had to make a very tough decision

Be kind to yourself

H x

jiggy
17-11-07, 10:22
thanks to all who replyed
i feel a little bit better
xxx