PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Veins…

aloy-
17-10-21, 06:29
Hi again,
I’ve been having some bad flareups of OCD lately, I think mostly because I haven’t been able to see my therapist in a few weeks. Today, I started poking around in my mouth, and noticed the veins under my tongue look dark purple and kind of thick whenever I press my tongue to the roof of my mouth. I know it sounds so silly, and I’m sure the stretching of my tongue is making the veins look bigger, but I started thinking too much about it, and now keep thinking there’s something wrong with me… I’m 24, no smoking, drinking, etc. I have varicose veins in my legs (genetics on my mom’s side, she got them early on too & has had some removed) and have read that they can develop under the tongue, too: now I’m thinking about scary things. 😭😭 I tried to look at my fiancé’s for reassurance and his look so much smaller than mine!

Speranza
17-10-21, 13:52
Oh bless you, I had exactly the same thing last year and I had forgotten all about it!

It's awful isn't it. I can assure you they will be fine. The more you stick your tongue out to look, the more they will respond so try to distract yourself.