PDA

View Full Version : Looked after my nephew

Catkins
17-10-21, 15:53
It's a small win, but today I went and collected my 9 year old nephew from my sister's, we got a drive through McDonald's and then went to the pictures. Afterwards we walked to a local park and went in the play area and climbed on the castle remains. I had a good time!

It probably doesn't sound much to some people but I hadn't felt confident to look after him since May when I got sick and despite some wobbles leading up to it over the last week I did it! I probably did cop out a bit by taking him to the pictures, bit I think he had a lovely time too.

Magic
17-10-21, 17:28
Well done Catkins, You did well. What a good day you have had. Very nice treat for you and your nephew.X

venusbluejeans
17-10-21, 18:05
Well done :) you did well and I am sure your Nephew really appreciated it too

pulisa
18-10-21, 08:21
I think it's a huge achievement, Catkins. It's all about responsibility for someone else and will you come up to scratch which you obviously did!!

I'm so glad you had a good time and it must have been great to have some brief respite from all the angst.

Really well done and hopefully you'll have got some confidence back? You've been through such a lot but doing fun things without pressure is such a therapeutic way of looking after yourself and feeling better:hugs:

Carnation
18-10-21, 11:12
I know exactly how much it means catkins.
Well done catkins.

Catkins
18-10-21, 17:15
Thank you all. I do feel proud of myself and it does feel good. 😁

NoraB
19-10-21, 07:22
It's a small win, but today I went and collected my 9 year old nephew from my sister's, we got a drive through McDonald's and then went to the pictures. Afterwards we walked to a local park and went in the play area and climbed on the castle remains. I had a good time!

Way to go Catkins! :yesyes:

Catkins
19-10-21, 17:20
Way to go Catkins! :yesyes:

Thank you 😁