PDA

View Full Version : Scared of SFI

Wapak
28-10-21, 05:25
I went to bed at 10:20 but struggled to sleep and slept at 12:20ish, I woke up at 3 and slept again and woke up at 7, my dizziness has gotten worse I think. And after 6hours and 30 mins ish of sleep, I still feel tired, I’m yawning all day and feel down. My health anxiety of SFI has also gotten really bad lately and this is starting to control my life.

Cptdebbie
28-10-21, 06:49
I’m so sorry you’re struggling. I think you’re okay. I think you’re just tired and stressed. I need, and have always needed, way more than 6.5 hours of sleep.

Insomnia sucks. I’ve went through some really rough bouts with it. I’ve had friends who’ve struggled with it. Yet, I’ve not known a single person that has died from it.

The disease you are worrying about is super rare. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than having this disease. I know it’s easier said than done, but I think you need to just keep telling yourself that this is something you don’t need to worry about.

Best wishes to you. I hope you get some sleep soon.

~ Debbie

nomorepanic
28-10-21, 13:02
We can't read your post as the text colour is wrong. Please change it. Thanks

Wapak
28-10-21, 18:31
Sorry I’m new to this website, but there I changed it.

Wapak
29-10-21, 04:35
15/Male under no medication

I have this weird dizziness since Friday night (still got it till today thursday) where when i lay down and immedietly stand up, my head feels dizzy? but more accurate description is my head (brain) feels like its getting pushed down because of gravity and feels heavy headed, I also got this pressure in my nose but I think its because I kept doing that ataxia test where you touh your nose with your index finger, maybe overexcesive with that? back to the heavy headed feeling/being pushed down feeling, when I wash the dishes and stare down at the sink for quite some time, my head gets the heavy headed feeling and even the "my head getting pushed down by gravity" feeling, another one is when I'm staring down at my crotch because I'm looking at my phone and then I look up I get the same feel. Another dizziness feeling I have noticed is when I picked up my 5 year old sister from school like 2 days ago, I turned my head like behind me beacuse my sister was lagging behind, I got dizzy because of that sudden turn which I know is normal because suddenly turn your head fast but this dizziness was stronger compare to how I remember it. And now my main concern is sleep, my sleep today was eh ok I guess, I went to bed at 10:30, and slept around at 11 and woke up at around 12:50, but I think this sleep was light sleep because I didn't remember a dream and when I woke up it felt like time just passed really fast, slept again around 1:10 because I struggled to fall back asleep, then I woke up at like 6:50 but this time I remember my dream, but the problem was that I still felt tired, and yawned through out the day, maybe not all the time but I think I yawned the total of 7 times at school today? I'm concerned because what if I got was superficial sleep, or I'm not getting real REM sleep like the hallmark for Fatal Insomnia? worst part is 3 days before this was even worst, just to mention today is Thursday and yesterday (wednesday) was the sleep I mentioned at top. Tuesday I went to bed at 10:20 but couldn't fall asleep until 12:20 which I then woke up at 3 I believe and then slept again and woke up at 7 and even recalled a dream which was Shaq shoes but still that tired feeling (scared its not real sleep hence why I was tired), Monday I went to bed at 10:10 and couldn't sleep until 12:30 and woke up at 4:30 and fell asleep again and woke up at 6:30 slept and woke up at 7:30 dreamed about zombie escape and I remember I was crying in the dream which woke me up close to crying for some reason but I still felt tired and not refreshed which is why I'm scared and went to here, finally Sunday I slep at around 12 which I then woke up at 5, only got 5 hours which made sense to be tired. that is my sleep history, at monday I went to go see my doctor primarily for this strange dizziness, I explained to him about dizziness/heavyheaded feeling/head or brain feeling pushed down by gravity when I lay down and immedietly standing up, turn my head suddenly, etc. I also told him about my sleep problem, he gave me serc and told me to try it, I think he thinks that I have vertigo, the medicine doesn't really help me. and and yesterday I developed this wierd pins and needles, but not that type you're thinking, it feels like one hot needle pokes me somewhere before dissapearing, another symptom is this weird crawling sensation (feels like hair standing up but I didn't have goosebump so idk why it feels as my hair is standing up, it happens in specific area, mostly in the calf. I'm so scared, I don't wanna die so young at the age of 15. the reason why my fear started is because of this video, feel free to watch the first 5-10 mins of the video to get where i'm coming from. I'm so terrified.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2dpfLOscY&list=PL6RQ1GS7B1cgjEXNFSpelP_HSsCpF56Ey&index=8

Wapak
29-10-21, 04:46
Ps. I forgot to mention but my muscle twitching has also been attacking lately

Wapak
29-10-21, 04:55

I have this weird dizziness since Friday night (still got it till today thursday) where when i lay down and immedietly stand up, my head feels dizzy? but more accurate description is my head (brain) feels like its getting pushed down because of gravity and feels heavy headed, I also got this pressure in my nose but I think its because I kept doing that ataxia test where you touh your nose with your index finger, maybe overexcesive with that? back to the heavy headed feeling/being pushed down feeling, when I wash the dishes and stare down at the sink for quite some time, my head gets the heavy headed feeling and even the "my head getting pushed down by gravity" feeling, another one is when I'm staring down at my crotch because I'm looking at my phone and then I look up I get the same feel. Another dizziness feeling I have noticed is when I picked up my 5 year old sister from school like 2 days ago, I turned my head like behind me beacuse my sister was lagging behind, I got dizzy because of that sudden turn which I know is normal because suddenly turn your head fast but this dizziness was stronger compare to how I remember it. And now my main concern is sleep, my sleep today was eh ok I guess, I went to bed at 10:30, and slept around at 11 and woke up at around 12:50, but I think this sleep was light sleep because I didn't remember a dream and when I woke up it felt like time just passed really fast, slept again around 1:10 because I struggled to fall back asleep, then I woke up at like 6:50 but this time I remember my dream, but the problem was that I still felt tired, and yawned through out the day, maybe not all the time but I think I yawned the total of 7 times at school today? I'm concerned because what if I got was superficial sleep, or I'm not getting real REM sleep like the hallmark for Fatal Insomnia? worst part is 3 days before this was even worst, just to mention today is Thursday and yesterday (wednesday) was the sleep I mentioned at top. Tuesday I went to bed at 10:20 but couldn't fall asleep until 12:20 which I then woke up at 3 I believe and then slept again and woke up at 7 and even recalled a dream which was Shaq shoes but still that tired feeling (scared its not real sleep hence why I was tired), Monday I went to bed at 10:10 and couldn't sleep until 12:30 and woke up at 4:30 and fell asleep again and woke up at 6:30 slept and woke up at 7:30 dreamed about zombie escape and I remember I was crying in the dream which woke me up close to crying for some reason but I still felt tired and not refreshed which is why I'm scared and went to here, finally Sunday I slep at around 12 which I then woke up at 5, only got 5 hours which made sense to be tired. that is my sleep history, at monday I went to go see my doctor primarily for this strange dizziness, I explained to him about dizziness/heavyheaded feeling/head or brain feeling pushed down by gravity when I lay down and immedietly standing up, turn my head suddenly, etc. I also told him about my sleep problem, he gave me serc and told me to try it, I think he thinks that I have vertigo, the medicine doesn't really help me. and and yesterday I developed this wierd pins and needles, but not that type you're thinking, it feels like one hot needle pokes me somewhere before dissapearing, another symptom is this weird crawling sensation (feels like hair standing up but I didn't have goosebump so idk why it feels as my hair is standing up, it happens in specific area, mostly in the calf. I'm so scared, I don't wanna die so young at the age of 15. the reason why my fear started is because of this video, feel free to watch the first 5-10 mins of the video to get where i'm coming from. I'm so terrified.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2d...pF56Ey&index=8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2dpfLOscY&list=PL6RQ1GS7B1cgjEXNFSpelP_HSsCpF56Ey&index=8)

ps. I forgot to mention but my muscle twitching has come attacking again after like 2 months of twitching not that much. also did my daily cognitive test, in a memory test I get an average of 92% with average of 700ms reaction time in that game, average is like 90+ with under 900ms. now for reaction time I get a 230-240 ms reaction time.​

Wapak
29-10-21, 04:56

I have this weird dizziness since Friday night (still got it till today thursday) where when i lay down and immedietly stand up, my head feels dizzy? but more accurate description is my head (brain) feels like its getting pushed down because of gravity and feels heavy headed, I also got this pressure in my nose but I think its because I kept doing that ataxia test where you touh your nose with your index finger, maybe overexcesive with that? back to the heavy headed feeling/being pushed down feeling, when I wash the dishes and stare down at the sink for quite some time, my head gets the heavy headed feeling and even the "my head getting pushed down by gravity" feeling, another one is when I'm staring down at my crotch because I'm looking at my phone and then I look up I get the same feel. Another dizziness feeling I have noticed is when I picked up my 5 year old sister from school like 2 days ago, I turned my head like behind me beacuse my sister was lagging behind, I got dizzy because of that sudden turn which I know is normal because suddenly turn your head fast but this dizziness was stronger compare to how I remember it. And now my main concern is sleep, my sleep today was eh ok I guess, I went to bed at 10:30, and slept around at 11 and woke up at around 12:50, but I think this sleep was light sleep because I didn't remember a dream and when I woke up it felt like time just passed really fast, slept again around 1:10 because I struggled to fall back asleep, then I woke up at like 6:50 but this time I remember my dream, but the problem was that I still felt tired, and yawned through out the day, maybe not all the time but I think I yawned the total of 7 times at school today? I'm concerned because what if I got was superficial sleep, or I'm not getting real REM sleep like the hallmark for Fatal Insomnia? worst part is 3 days before this was even worst, just to mention today is Thursday and yesterday (wednesday) was the sleep I mentioned at top. Tuesday I went to bed at 10:20 but couldn't fall asleep until 12:20 which I then woke up at 3 I believe and then slept again and woke up at 7 and even recalled a dream which was Shaq shoes but still that tired feeling (scared its not real sleep hence why I was tired), Monday I went to bed at 10:10 and couldn't sleep until 12:30 and woke up at 4:30 and fell asleep again and woke up at 6:30 slept and woke up at 7:30 dreamed about zombie escape and I remember I was crying in the dream which woke me up close to crying for some reason but I still felt tired and not refreshed which is why I'm scared and went to here, finally Sunday I slep at around 12 which I then woke up at 5, only got 5 hours which made sense to be tired. that is my sleep history, at monday I went to go see my doctor primarily for this strange dizziness, I explained to him about dizziness/heavyheaded feeling/head or brain feeling pushed down by gravity when I lay down and immedietly standing up, turn my head suddenly, etc. I also told him about my sleep problem, he gave me serc and told me to try it, I think he thinks that I have vertigo, the medicine doesn't really help me. and and yesterday I developed this wierd pins and needles, but not that type you're thinking, it feels like one hot needle pokes me somewhere before dissapearing, another symptom is this weird crawling sensation (feels like hair standing up but I didn't have goosebump so idk why it feels as my hair is standing up, it happens in specific area, mostly in the calf. I'm so scared, I don't wanna die so young at the age of 15. the reason why my fear started is because of this video, feel free to watch the first 5-10 mins of the video to get where i'm coming from. I'm so terrified.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2d...pF56Ey&index=8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2dpfLOscY&list=PL6RQ1GS7B1cgjEXNFSpelP_HSsCpF56Ey&index=8)

ps. I forgot to mention but my muscle twitching has come attacking again after like 2 months of twitching not that much. also did my daily cognitive test, in a memory test I get an average of 92% with average of 700ms reaction time in that game, average is like 90+ with under 900ms. now for reaction time I get a 230-240 ms reaction time.

Careful1
29-10-21, 15:19
I have severe insomnia and have had it since my last child was born 7 years ago. My sleep app says I average 1 hour and 42 minutes in bed and 2 hours and 47 minutes of sleep per night. It’s so bad one time I woke to use the bathroom and when I was done for some reason I stood in front of the bathroom counter and fell asleep standing straight up. I have no idea how long I was like that but I woke up while I was falling over and thank goodness I did because I was able to at least tighten up my body to try and protect my head. I ended up hitting the toilet and then the bath tub, I had lots of bruises and bad pain for days afterwards. Anyways, my point is that is I haven’t died of lack of sleep on the amounts I’m accustom to you won’t either. Sleep is however extremely important and so if you’re having trouble speak to your parents so they can get you to the doctor and perhaps there is some way he/she can help. As far as the dizziness goes I have experienced what you described and I have had many tests a few of them many times over and after 4 years I still have no answers. I am set up for testing in December with my ENT to see if it’s ear related which at this point with everything else ruled out I suspect it is. Your already seeing the doctor about this and if the medication isn’t helping you need to let him/her know so they can try something else.

I just want to offer you a piece of advice, googling things like this is never a good idea. If you have something going on that concerns you, see a doctor but don’t Google your symptoms. Sometimes too much information isn’t a good thing. You type in symptoms and Google will return EVERYTHING, every disease that has that symptom listed even if it’s a super rare disease, even if that particular symptom is a rare symptom of a condition. Most symptoms people experience are non specific and so a doctor is needed as they take everything into account and know what direction they need to go in. Google doesn’t know, it only looks for what you tell it to look for, it doesn’t know your medical history, it doesn’t know your family history etc you can’t use Google for a medical diagnosis. I say this as I’m not sure if you had symptoms, googled and came across that video or if you were fine, saw the video and freaked yourself out. Either way that’s just some friendly advice.

Fishmanpa
29-10-21, 15:33
Have you discussed your anxiety with your parents? I see you spoke with your doctor who recognizes the problem and prescribed meds for the symptom but the real issue is more mental than physical. It's quite apparent you're hyper-focusing on every little niggle. You're much too young to be falling into the rabbit hole like this. You're exhibiting all the classic HA patterns and mindsets. Real life professional help would be prudent before this takes over your life.

FMP

Wapak
29-10-21, 17:52
Idk anymore…. I’m terrified still…

15/Male

Last night I went to bed at 10:30 and was expecting to sleep like I did at Thursday but it seems like this terrible sleep is here, I thought it was gone but nope, I couldn’t sleep until like 12:10? Idk when but all I know was that the last time I looked at the clock before time skipped was 11:50, anyways I remember a dream which was about a game I played but anyways I opened my eyes and it was 3:12, I couldn’t fall back asleep until like 3:22 I think and woke up at 4:30 slept again and woke up at 6:40. My sleep was interrupted but I did recall some dreams I guess. I’m really scared of SFI, I might have to go to the store and pick up some magnesium glycinate and melatonin, take them together. Feel free to read my post history to get the context. I’m still exhausted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapak
29-10-21, 17:53

15/Male

Last night I went to bed at 10:30 and was expecting to sleep like I did at Thursday but it seems like this terrible sleep is here, I thought it was gone but nope, I couldn’t sleep until like 12:10? Idk when but all I know was that the last time I looked at the clock before time skipped was 11:50, anyways I remember a dream which was about a game I played but anyways I opened my eyes and it was 3:12, I couldn’t fall back asleep until like 3:22 I think and woke up at 4:30 slept again and woke up at 6:40. My sleep was interrupted but I did recall some dreams I guess. I’m really scared of SFI, I might have to go to the store and pick up some magnesium glycinate and melatonin, take them together. Feel free to read my post history to get the context. I’m still exhausted.

nomorepanic
29-10-21, 18:55
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Careful1
29-10-21, 20:37

15/Male

You really shouldn’t be worrying over this condition. First off prion disorders are extremely rare (like one person per million people in the general population per year rare) and SFI specifically is even more rare! There is only something like 24 cases documented in medical literature. Your chances of getting hit by lightning more then once are more favorable then having any type of prion disorder.

Wapak
29-10-21, 23:43
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211029/662f8f4d4ad380d533ea41875352d3d5.jpg
Hope these will help tonight[emoji1317]

Wapak
29-10-21, 23:43
Or I’ll be at my wits end

Fishmanpa
29-10-21, 23:53
Can you answer my question? Have you discussed your anxiety issue with your parents? Your doctor? You're 15yo and shouldn't be consumed with this.

FMP

Wapak
30-10-21, 00:09
Can you answer my question? Have you discussed your anxiety issue with your parents? Your doctor? You're 15yo and shouldn't be consumed with this.

FMP

Oh shoot sorry, Um yes, and they did take me to the doctor, but the doctor just listened to my dizziness symptoms and didn’t really seem concerned about my sleep problems, he told me to try out serc which I believe is a medication for vertigo, he might think I have vertigo. The medication doesn’t really do anything.

Fishmanpa
30-10-21, 00:19
Perhaps sitting down with your parents and having a discussion about this would be in order. Show them the posts from here and ask for help. I say this because my daughter suffers from anxiety and depression and came to me for help. I, along with her mother, got her help. She still has her moments but she has the right mental approach (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?246221-This-is-how-you-fight-the-Dragon!) to it and is doing well.

FMP