PDA

View Full Version : Positive post. Or at least I'm feeling positive.lol

Heather1234
29-10-21, 15:53
Whew! October has been a month for me! It all started with finally deciding to stop the on/off relationship i had with cigarettes. Anyhow, then I decided I needed to face my fear of doctors (&health issues) and get an overall exam as im now 40. This began the anxieties...blood pressure, chest xray, lab results that I didn't understand, a weird spot in my throat, and then the mammogram. All good results, but not until my last test that was scheduled could I feel relief. One anxiety ran into the next. Its been exhausting & I've neglected my life. I feel guilty about that, but moving forward.
I told my husband last night that I felt like I had just dodged 10 bullets coming at me.
He said, I know you feel that way but these were routine tests. You created the bullets in your imagination. That really hit me. First I was defensive, then he reminded me that I hadn't been worried about any of these things before I knew I'd be tested for them. (Aside from the throat thing) He was right. I feel relieved at the moment & at peace. But I do realize that I have to try to prevent the same pattern behavior from continuing. I've got an apt with a counselor, so we shall see how that goes. They are not a psychiatrist so it will be more of CBT. I feel hopeful. Thank you for everyone that has helped reassure me and even give me the blunt truth too. [emoji1317][emoji177]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Cptdebbie
29-10-21, 17:01
Hi Heather,
You had a lot of tests! I’m glad everything turned out okay.

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts. You’ve received help, but you’ve also shared some great insights.

Good luck going forward. I can tell you are going to do fine.

Best, Debbie

Heather1234
30-10-21, 00:32
Hi Heather,
You had a lot of tests! I’m glad everything turned out okay.

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts. You’ve received help, but you’ve also shared some great insights.

Good luck going forward. I can tell you are going to do fine.

Best, DebbieThanks so much!!! I hope you have an amazing weekend [emoji847][emoji1317][emoji177]

Cusper
30-10-21, 04:03
What a great post! Thank you for sharing. So happy you got all great results and must be such a nice relief. I have had those moments when I worry about the worst things possible and when the doctor has come back with good news I can finally let go. I guess the trick is not getting all panicky in the first place... Sometimes easier said than done. I love that you posted this!

Heather1234
30-10-21, 15:35
What a great post! Thank you for sharing. So happy you got all great results and must be such a nice relief. I have had those moments when I worry about the worst things possible and when the doctor has come back with good news I can finally let go. I guess the trick is not getting all panicky in the first place... Sometimes easier said than done. I love that you posted this!Yes. Im working on how to control the panic, and im sure this is all easier said since I've gotten the good results. I see people who are filled with joy regardless of their circumstances. I want to acheive that one day, or at least a fraction of it.
Thanks so much for your reply & you're welcome. I share things here because no one (except my husband) knows of my anxiety struggles. Its so nice to have this outlet & hear from people that can relate. [emoji1317][emoji177]
Hope you're having a great weekend! [emoji4]