PDA

View Full Version : Lupus concern

Jamie123
30-10-21, 20:13
Hi guys,

I have been quite worried about having lupus in the past few days.
-I have had a red scaly rash which comes and goes (not sure if it ever fully goes) on my nose and which goes to the middle of my cheeks and can stretch to under my eyes, I have had this for a long time (longest I can remember this is since I was 19 but could have been earlier) but this comes and goes and sometimes is very small just in the folds of my nose.
-I also sometimes get redness on my scalp which I believe is only on my hairline and which is often worse and becomes more pronounced when I am sweating (not even sure if it is red whenever I am not sweating but becomes bright red when I am sweating or perhaps stressed maybe).
-I also have tiredness quite often (but I would not say it is so bad I cannot do anything I just feel tired in my eyes which makes me think it could be due to issues with my eyes)
-Pain in my ribs and upper abdomen sometimes (which could be due to the way I sit) but been having some fullness feeling in stomach are more recently
-Joint and limb pain but I would not say this is severe, for example sometimes I will wake up from a nap and my elbow could feel locked up a bit but as I stretch there is some pain which then goes
-Sometimes (once every 4 months maybe even more rarely) I feel a little feverish with pain in my muscles and tiredness, but I am not sure if I am actually feverish as I vaguely remember checking and not being overly hot
-I also sometimes get red rashes on my feet between my toes which can be very itchy and sometimes cause cuts and breaks in the skin
-I have also recently noticed I have foamy urine a lot however I believe this could be as I often wait to go to the bathroom until it is quite late but I understand lupus can affect the kidneys

I am trying not to google so much so I am asking here to try and get some reassurance, anyone who has a good understanding or any experience with lupus, is this likely to be lupus or more likely to be seborrheic dermatitis? I understand all the symptoms above can be related to lupus but also they seem like things which could happen generally. I understand lupus can be very manageable but I am worried as if I have lupus I am worried it could affect the way vaccines affect me. I had a rabies vaccine in the past and this has caused me to become concerned that it could not have worked as I understand lupus can suppress the immune system and there are different rules for immunocompromised individuals who need the rabies vaccine which as an immunocompetent person were not used.

I know this seems like a strange worry but I am really concerned so if anyone can advise me on this I would appreciate it a lot. I have been prescribed Fluoxetine which I will get next week and am looking forward to restarting therapy soon but in the meantime I am really struggling to kick this fear.

Thanks for any replies, I really do appreciate them.

Heather1234
30-10-21, 20:31
My grandmother had Lupus. Her tiredness was the in bed & barely able to be coherent kind of tiredness. Im not an expert in Lupus, but I witnessed how it affected her & her symptoms were unmistakable for something serious going on.

Hope you get to feeling better soon! [emoji1317][emoji177]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Jamie123
02-11-21, 08:33
My grandmother had Lupus. Her tiredness was the in bed & barely able to be coherent kind of tiredness. Im not an expert in Lupus, but I witnessed how it affected her & her symptoms were unmistakable for something serious going on.

Hope you get to feeling better soon! [emoji1317][emoji177]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Hi Heather, thank you for your reply. I understand lupus can be different for everyone but I am trying to tell myself that for someone to be severely immunocompromised they would have other more severe symptoms as you mentioned about your grandmother. My anxiety however doesn't seem to work in likelihoods though and I am still really struggling.