PDA

View Full Version : Mass in neck

Stephenie.welch
30-10-21, 22:26
guys I’m freaking out basically having a breakdown I cannot take anymore.
trigger warning ⚠️ lymph nodes; lymphoma; cancer

Do you think they could get the ultrasound wrong? And they mistaked a lymph node for a lipoma? I saw a head and neck cancer ENT that seems confident it’s not a lymph node but I can’t stop worrying. It’s killing me. I’m going to beg him for a biopsy.

F I N A L ##############
############################################
EXAM: US HEAD NECK SOFT TISSUE

REASON FOR EXAM: Head and neck lymphadenopathy

COMPARISON: None.

FINDINGS:

There is no evidence of lymphadenopathy in the left neck.

A subcutaneous mass is visualized in the region of palpable concern measuring 1.6 x 0.5 x 1.9 cm. This demonstrates similar echogenicity to adjacent subcutaneous fat, without evidence of internal vascularity.

No suspicious soft tissue mass is visualized.

IMPRESSION:
IMPRESSION:
1. Low-grade lipomatous lesion measuring up to 1.9 cm, corresponding with the area of palpable concern.
2. No evidence of lymphadenopathy or suspicious soft tissue mass.

nomorepanic
30-10-21, 23:42
No they can't get it wrong. You have to get over this and trust them trust me

Stephenie.welch
05-11-21, 22:14
I’m just so scared it looked like a lipoma but it’s really a big lymph node they’re misdiagnosing.

Scissel
06-11-21, 13:43
Hopefully, its just a swollen gland; which means your body is doing its job. Hope you feel better soon.

~Sal

Fishmanpa
06-11-21, 14:09
guys I’m freaking out basically having a breakdown I cannot take anymore.
trigger warning ⚠️ lymph nodes; lymphoma; cancer

Do you think they could get the ultrasound wrong? And they mistaked a lymph node for a lipoma? I saw a head and neck cancer ENT that seems confident it’s not a lymph node but I can’t stop worrying. It’s killing me. I’m going to beg him for a biopsy.

F I N A L ##############
############################################
EXAM: US HEAD NECK SOFT TISSUE

REASON FOR EXAM: Head and neck lymphadenopathy

COMPARISON: None.

FINDINGS:
There is no evidence of lymphadenopathy in the left neck.

A subcutaneous mass is visualized in the region of palpable concern measuring 1.6 x 0.5 x 1.9 cm. This demonstrates similar echogenicity to adjacent subcutaneous fat, without evidence of internal vascularity.

No suspicious soft tissue mass is visualized.

IMPRESSION:
IMPRESSION:
1. Low-grade lipomatous lesion measuring up to 1.9 cm, corresponding with the area of palpable concern.
2. No evidence of lymphadenopathy or suspicious soft tissue mass.

FMP

pulisa
06-11-21, 18:03
"No internal vascularity" is a very reassuring comment too. What more are you looking for? It's never a good idea to analyse lab reports if you are a patient with no medical training.

NancyW
07-11-21, 02:02
I think I know what you want, you want it to go away.

You're test results are reassuring but like all reassurance, it doesn't last.

Lumps are horrid for HA. I know that first hand.

My dr told me at one point, our bodies grow things all of our lives, some are bad, some are not. It seemed like such a black/white answer to my brain which always thinks, what if?

Truth is, once it is not a bad thing (which clearly yours is not), we have to work on letting it go. Its hard work and a conscious effort to push those thoughts away, it can be done though.