PDA

View Full Version : Throat cancer worry

Deepseathree
01-11-21, 13:41
Recently my indigestion has been pretty bad. I’ve had some trouble swallowing smaller things occasionally such as crumbs or rice. My throat would be sore some mornings and sometimes a sore throat.

I was put on Protonix and Pepcid AC and I’ve stopped drinking. I was also set up for a gastro appointment as the NP I saw thought I might have strictures. She didn’t do a throat examination though.

Within the past two weeks or so I’ve started having ear pain when I swallow. I thought it may have been related to only favoring on side when sleeping.

Yesterday I went and looked at my throat and notice a very small growth the size of a pea in the back bottom right side of my throat. The same side the pain is on

I went to a Walk-in Clinic today and he noticed the growth and is referring me to an ENT. It’s hard for me not to worry about it being cancer.

Catkins
01-11-21, 16:29
It could be a variety of things. A few years ago my husband had something going on with his throat, he felt like something was blocking his swallowing. Eventually they found a cyst and scheduled him to have surgery. We had to wait a bit for him to have it taken out and when we went to his appointment he told his consultant he couldn't feel it anymore - they checked and it had gone! Saved him having the surgery.

I know it's not easy, but try not to worry, don't google and try and keep busy and distract yourself until your ENT appointment.

Deepseathree
04-11-21, 00:58
UPDATE: Giving an update as I never really see people do. and usually with my post rationally I know I’m not having the issues I’m worrying about. It’s just nice to write out.

That being said, I saw the ENT yesterday who said I didn’t have an ear infection and that any pain I’m having is caused by the issue in my throat. The small mass in my throat is at the moment being treated as an infection and I’ve been giving antibiotics. He said it doesn’t look like anything worrying, but I’ve got an appointment in 4 weeks as a follow up to see where things are.