PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about apps

phil06
02-11-21, 22:17
I got kicked off a gambling app for withdrawing 41p but they never gave a reason. I had to deposit some money to meet the minimum withdrawal some of these apps do free daily wheels. Anyway I was pretty annoyed and raised the case with a regulator. These websites are worth millions so I am surprised they care about 41p..

But it set my anxiety off as it got me wondering with all this online stuff it isn’t good. Some forums shut down debate Twitter and I often hear of people winning big on gambling sites and being closed down as they won big. I even hear of banks closing down peoples accounts with money in it not sure what happens then with your wages and bills.

It shows how easy it is for your card details to be online or shut down from an app where as the good old days you wouldn’t be banned from a betting shop for collecting a pound on a horse. I also hate how these sites have no appeals only bans. Any thoughts? Another worry I have is this green agenda scrapping all the boilers and changing smoke alarms ect due to regulations and possibly bans on flights. Life could become very expensive replacing boilers.

nomorepanic
02-11-21, 22:44
These are just more worries in your own world Phil and until you fix things you will always have them

MyNameIsTerry
03-11-21, 06:21
The boiler situation depends on alternatives getting much cheaper or grants from our own taxes to pay private firms to install them. The majority of people can't afford them so it won't happen until they sort the cost or pay for us. And how many won't have yard space for a large box?

The industry went through microgeneration (things like solar panels) which cost far too much for most and relied on grants. Microgen was an enormous mess for suppliers and their contracted agents to deal with. Smart metering continued that trend with the mess regulators made of it.

They won't be forcing pensioners into poverty over a boiler. So much is made of pensioners being well off simply due to paying off their mortgage but most, like mine, built pensions to keep them able to cover the bills. It's not all Saga cruises. Just as many working class families are on top of their bills but not living the high life.

Until they have a solution for these people it will remain in the realm of the well offs.

LittleLionMan
03-11-21, 21:15
I got kicked off a gambling app for withdrawing 41p but they never gave a reason.
I’ve been kicked off loads of gambling sites Phil.
I own racehorses, and gamble quite a lot, and make quite a lot of money doing it, so when they see someone constantly beating the odds, they close your account down. I’ve lost about 6 accounts so far.
It’s just something they do for all sorts of reasons.

- they say ‘gamble responsibly’, and then shut your account when you do.