PDA

View Full Version : Obesity/Covid worry.

Mark8800
04-11-21, 22:27
Hello. I’m 23 5feet 8 inches and considered morbidly obese. 365 pounds. (I’ve been trying to work on weight loss but it’s been difficult. I’m not giving up though)
Anyway, a family member works and was vaccinated and doesn’t wear a mask. However I’ve yet to be vaccinated and noticed I’ve been feeling off. My nose is stuffed. I have a slight cough. And just feel achey throughout the day. I heard how death increases with patients who have obesity and since mine is very severe. I’m worried I may have it and will die. Any reassurance is appreciated.

nomorepanic
04-11-21, 23:07
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
04-11-21, 23:08
Can you not just do a test?

Mark8800
04-11-21, 23:12
Obviously I’m getting a test done tomorrow but I’m worried until then. And worried about what if I have it. Hence why I’m looking for reassurance

nomorepanic
04-11-21, 23:21
ok well if it helps I have a sore throat and a cough and done a test and it is negative so you could just have a cold.

nomorepanic
04-11-21, 23:22
do you not have "at home" test kits over there like we do in the UK?

Mark8800
04-11-21, 23:27
I’m not sure if we have any here. I’ll have to look some up.

Mark8800
04-11-21, 23:29
If it should be Covid, would I be fine?

Gary A
05-11-21, 09:40
If it should be Covid, would I be fine?

Unfortunately with Covid, nobody can say that you’ll be fine. However, despite your weight increasing your risk, it’s still a fact that the vast majority of people experience a bit of a rough few days and get over it.

I would also note that your symptoms are not typical Covid symptoms, especially the stuffy nose. It sounds to me like you’re suffering from nothing more than a common cold.

Get your test and take it from there. I would also encourage you to get yourself vaccinated to vastly decrease your risk in the event that you do get Covid in the future.

Lencoboy
05-11-21, 10:14
ok well if it helps I have a sore throat and a cough and done a test and it is negative so you could just have a cold.

That's exactly how I've been on and off since about Monday, despite taking 2 LFTs during the same time period that has elapsed and so far testing negative.

The absolute worst I ever recall feeling in terms of flus/viruses during my entire lifetime was in December 2000 at the age of 23, and it floored me for well over 3 weeks, but had mostly gone by about 3rd January 2001, despite still feeling the odd residual symptoms well into the middle of that month.

Probably the 'Covid' of the time, as it certainly had many of the hallmarks of Covid-19, but fortunately didn't seem to claim mass casualties though!

fishman65
05-11-21, 18:45
That's exactly how I've been on and off since about Monday, despite taking 2 LFTs during the same time period that has elapsed and so far testing negative.

The absolute worst I ever recall feeling in terms of flus/viruses during my entire lifetime was in December 2000 at the age of 23, and it floored me for well over 3 weeks, but had mostly gone by about 3rd January 2001, despite still feeling the odd residual symptoms well into the middle of that month.

Probably the 'Covid' of the time, as it certainly had many of the hallmarks of Covid-19, but fortunately didn't seem to claim mass casualties though!I think the worst I've felt in terms of viruses LB was the Swine Flu. I can remember shaking like I never had with a flu virus before, and it seemed to last longer. I had Mumps when I was 20, that felt like an average flu. I didn't have any problems with the crown jewels thankfully which could have left me sterile.

We're lucky we aren't living a century ago with the likes of smallpox and TB.

Lencoboy
05-11-21, 19:36
I think the worst I've felt in terms of viruses LB was the Swine Flu. I can remember shaking like I never had with a flu virus before, and it seemed to last longer. I had Mumps when I was 20, that felt like an average flu. I didn't have any problems with the crown jewels thankfully which could have left me sterile.

We're lucky we aren't living a century ago with the likes of smallpox and TB.

For all its faults, that's one of the benefits of living in the 21st Century, unlike 100+ years ago.

As far as the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic was concerned, it thankfully seemed to pass me and my family by, plus I don't recall being overly fazed by it, despite a lot of the hysterical media coverage of it at the time.

With the benefit of hindsight, I have recently been musing on the aforementioned mystery flu virus back in late 2000 that really knocked both me and my dad for six at the time, as to whether or not it may have actually been something more serious than was realised at the time, especially as there seems to barely be any info online about any significant flu epidemics in the UK during late 2000 and early 2001.