PDA

View Full Version : Trying to stay calm - hand hold needed

TKL04
08-11-21, 18:26
Hi guys!

I’ve been doing so well with my anxiety since my last flare up in April. Pretty much back to my normal self and haven’t been obsessing over things. I went for a routine eye test on Saturday. I hadn’t had one for a while and had experienced some flashing lights when turning the lights off occasionally at night so I thought I’d get a checkup. All was fine. The optician said I had a slight PVD in both eyes which is nothing to worry about, although normally doesn’t happen as often in young adults. Anyway today, I got a phone call from the eye hospital saying if been referred for an urgent assessment. I knew nothing about this and naturally started to worry. I did a bit of digging and it turns out the optician wants a second opinion because of the flashing lights and I’m now being seen at the opticians tomorrow at 1500. They said I could have the assessment redone their rather than the hospital. I’m now panicking about all sorts. Seizures, brain tumours. Am I going to go blind?!
I had a bout of numbness in my lower limbs in April which remains unexplained so now I’m linking the two together and thinking the worst.
God I hate this :( xxx

Scissel
08-11-21, 20:46
Hello there..

I'm glad to know a doctor is monitoring this and hopefully you'll get a clearer (no pun meant) idea of what is going on with your eyes.

Not easy, but try to not worry and panic and good luck at the doctors tomorrow.

TKL04
08-11-21, 20:57
Thank you. Fingers crossed it’s nothing major xx

Carys
08-11-21, 20:59
I'm sorry you are so scared, I can totally understand why and it would frighten me too. Nobody likes to be faced with tests and the worries associated with them. I am so surprised that your optician gave no indication at all of making a referral, that seems very strange indeed and a bit out of order. From reading above it seems that the second opinion is now being done at your opticians anyway ? I don't know if this will help, but lets be honest IF there was anything going on, untoward (and I'm not saying there is!) then the reason for having tests is to get help and treatment before anything becomes a problem. We often see the screening/tests/assessements as the threat, but actually the threat would be not knowing what is happening and then finding out too late that there is a problem. Luckily you don't have too long to wait, just until tomorrow, even though it will feel very terrifying until then. Do you know what tests they are planning on doing ? What is PV ?

joe23_martin
08-11-21, 23:14
My heart goes out to you, I can imagine it being a very stressful situation.

I guess from now until the appointment nothing is going to change so your worries no wont change the outcome.

It may not even be something as bad as you are thinking, so hold onto that.

Try and be posisitive and get some sleep..

Let us all know how it goes

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Dimdim101
17-11-21, 06:57
How did everything go? Hoping you got some answers as I have been dealing with a similar issue to what you had back in April... I also feel like I have lost the urge to urinate so did that come back for you? I know you were on medication though so that seems like it would explain it - I don't really have a reason for it so am really worried.