PDA

View Full Version : Lyme disease spiral

AnxietySufferer
10-11-21, 16:04
Hi All,

I have spiralled regarding lymes disease. I have included a quick time line.

August 2020- I went on holiday to Dorset(UK) and walked through a field of long grass in just a dress.
November 2020- I noticed a rash. Looked like ring worm. Didnt think anything of it. Went to the pharmacist and got cream.
Jan 2020- rash still wasnt going away. I tried to self treat with garlic which burnt my leg (very silly I know). I started panicking the treatment wasnt working and convinced myself this was someting scary. The doc perscribed antibitotics for the burn and said they will look at the rash again when the burn healed.
May 2020- rash came back and there were 2 new patches.
I had multiple appointments virtually with doc. No one knew what was causing it. In the mean time I did a lyme tests at home. This was neg but these were known for not being reliable.
My doc mentioned the rash may be lyme, which really panicked me becuase I thought I was being ridiculous ordering the home test. I did another home test. Still said negative.
Nov 2021- The rash faded, but when looking closely it is still there. Cream kind of worked but not fully. In between this I found out i was HPV positive so this all took a bit of a back seat, I didnt follow up with a doctor.

Other symtpoms I have had:
Numb hands but only at night- possible carpal tunnel. Touch wood for the last few weeks this has been improving.
Lightheadedness- comes and goes, hoping this is anxiety.
insommnia- I had this really bad for months but touch wood seems slightly better. Hoping this is anxiety related. Also, the numb hands were waking me up at night which i think contributed. And also all the worries pointed out above.
Speech problems- unsure if this one is in my head but I keep getting my words all muddled up and feel like i have a slight stutter and start panicking this is a neurological symptom.

I never noticed I was bitten by a tick. It was mainly the doctor that made me spiral to this extreme.

Bumbum0110
13-11-21, 04:30
Have you been tested for lyme?

Lady123
13-11-21, 19:05
Hey there, I have Lyme and I’m from the U.K. if you have any questions please feel free to ask

Sunshine93
14-11-21, 18:51
Did you get tested at the GP on Lyme disease?

AnxietySufferer
16-11-21, 09:38
Not by the doctors but I have done 2x at home tests which were both negative. Im just having a hard time to accept that

AnxietySufferer
16-11-21, 09:39
Did you get tested at the GP on Lyme disease?

No. I have done x2 at home tests both more than 6 weeks after potential exposure. I dont know if i am being ridiculous or not worrying so much that I might still have lyme.

AnxietySufferer
16-11-21, 09:41
Hey there, I have Lyme and I’m from the U.K. if you have any questions please feel free to ask

Hi. I am having a hard time accepting x2 negative home tests. I have health anxiety so im not sure if its all situations created in my head and im hyperfocusing on it because the doctor mentioned that it may be lyme once. I havent been on antibiotics and potential exposure was 1 year ago.

Im just an anxious mess. When my anxiety is bad I spiral about it a lot.

AnxietySufferer
16-11-21, 09:42
Have you been tested for lyme?

2x at home tests. Both negative

Sunshine93
16-11-21, 11:08
Have you talked with your GP the worry about Lyme disease?

Lady123
22-11-21, 07:35
What are your symptoms?

AnxietySufferer
14-12-21, 10:37
Mainly the rash on my leg. I have had it for a year now and there are 2 patches. Sometimes it fades sometimes it looks really red. Non itchy. I have booked another appointment with the GP Friday. I have also done a 3rd at home lyme test which was negative. and an STi check that was also negative.