PDA

View Full Version : Trying to trust the doctor

LF87
11-11-21, 20:35
Hey,
I wrote on here about a year ago about a huge worry after finding a small round ball in my armpit. It's taken me this long to gain the courage to go and get checked. She said she wasn't concerned, and said it's a hair follicle. I've already gone into what I should have said that didn't. She asked has it changed, I said no I don't think so. But actually actually do think it's more prominent. Would she know by feeling it whether it was a danger?
I also managed to go the dentist for the first time in 10 years, after huge huge mouth cancer fear which has never really left me. Shockingly he said my teeth were fine, to be less aggressive with my brushing, and sent me on my way. I have similar creeping thoughts but they know what they're dealing with right? I've been seeing a therapist and started on sertraline about 6 months ago which is clearly working, i couldn't have done this before, so I'm taking it as a victory even if i am still slightly worried! X

Sunshine93
14-11-21, 21:10
I have similar thoughts. However, we need to trust the doctors. They are professionally trained and know a lot about medical stuff.

You are doing a great job to see a therapist :)!

unsure_about_this
15-11-21, 13:51
I struggle to trust the doctors/gps regularly, but I need to learn to start trusting them, instead of dr google