PDA

View Full Version : Stress about sleep and finishing amytriptyline

jacobjohn
18-11-21, 00:21
Hi all work hard through the day and started getting anxiety about sleep time, and waking up and getting back, I had Amytrip for sleep related issues bit of panic and dreaming have weaned myself off these but now feel getting increasing anxiety.... Had covid 6 weeks ago and seem to have had constant tiredness cold and stuffyness since... Which doesn't help the sleep.. Dont know whether ill get help but just maybe others experience. Thanks xx

Scissel
19-11-21, 00:28
Hi all work hard through the day and started getting anxiety about sleep time, and waking up and getting back, I had Amytrip for sleep related issues bit of panic and dreaming have weaned myself off these but now feel getting increasing anxiety.... Had covid 6 weeks ago and seem to have had constant tiredness cold and stuffyness since... Which doesn't help the sleep.. Dont know whether ill get help but just maybe others experience. Thanks xx

Hello there..

First off:

I'm sorry to read that your last 2 threads were left unanswered from 2014, but welcome back, and hopefully this time around you'll find some help and support.

I read you've been dealing with sleep issues before and you've been through a lot as I read from 2014 and we've not heard from you in quite a while; so, I imagine over the years things change, life changes and we change sometimes for the better or worse. But you sound a bit more clear.

Let me say ... I can (totally) relate to social anxiety and the relationship with alcohol what affect this has on those of us dealing with unpredictable mood(s). Let me pass alone some heartfelt advice form a dear friend that helped me once - he wrote:

Whilst the term Mental Illness has merit in some context, in others the term itself can be quite negative. Unstable in a world 100% unstable is normal. The latter sounds much more positive for folk like us. At least in terms of 'working towards.' The key to that is also not having to succeed.

I though of him and that reminded me to reflect back on "whatever normal is" as you wrote:

but still determined to get back to normal, whatever normal is! .

I hope you're getting better from CV and returning to better health. The only thing I can say, is, try to not worry too much and try to get into a routine before bed. Its very hard and I (myself) worry about sleep and suffer insomnia and its takes a toll on my (already fragile) mental state. If you feel you're still struggling to manage your anxiety now that you're getting off this medication, you should mention it to your physician/clinician and perhaps, there could be another medication for anxiety. Medication can only do so much and though its hard, but we have (to some degree) accept that sleep doesn't came as easy to us as others and we do what we can to be cope with and correct what we can.

I'm sorry if this wasn't much help, but I do hope you will find a way to manage and I'm glad you found your way back here.

Take good care..

~Sal