PDA

View Full Version : Quick jaw related question

Lana
19-11-21, 17:00
Hello all,

I have been doing better, and trying to control bad habits like obsessing and googling, which is the worst trigger of course. Also, if something new comes along, I try to give it several days or even more, instead of running to the doctors. What bothers me a little is that when I chew, now my right side (jaw) clicks. I never had this before in my life, and I am not young, to say the least, so this is completely new. I have no pain or any other difficulty associated with this. I know, however, that I am unaware
how tense my body is, most of the time, and I probably grind (press) my teeth more that I know. But - I have been like that for years.

Is this ever related to something bad? I think not, but if somebody can share some knowledge about jaw clicking, I would be grateful

Lana

pulisa
19-11-21, 18:10
Sounds like routine TMJ, Lana.

Lana
19-11-21, 18:45
Thank you dear Pulisa.

I wonder what may be reasons for sudden TMJ? Never had it before.
On MAYO clinic web site (the only one I sometimes check), it says that if there is no pain, it simply needs no treatment, and probably the reason is unknown.

Pamplemousse
19-11-21, 18:57
Thank you dear Pulisa.

I wonder what may be reasons for sudden TMJ? Never had it before.
On MAYO clinic web site (the only one I sometimes check), it says that if there is no pain, it simply needs no treatment, and probably the reason is unknown.

Happens to me quite frequently and it's one health matter I don't worry about!

Discard this one from your brain Lana, it's nothing.

Lana
19-11-21, 19:16
Thank you Pamplemousse! Will do:)