PDA

View Full Version : Alternating zopiclone and nytol

apm
20-11-21, 12:53
Hi all,

I am coming onto Sertraline after Citalopram stopped working for me.

That is what it is, but one of my big issues is insomnia.

I have some zopiclone, but very reluctant to overuse it.

I've had success with Nytol in the past.

Anyone know if it's ok to alternate the two, so Z one night, N the next?

Thanks!

A.

nomorepanic
20-11-21, 18:15
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

stars1976
20-11-21, 18:26
hi

Zopiclone nearly sent me mad. id give Dr a ring for a quick chat or maybe the pharmacy. i agree with you about nytol, i didnt think it would work. Thought id need more powerfull stuff

Scissel
20-11-21, 20:05
Hi there..

Citalopram also stopped working for me and I'm back on Sertraline (now 125MG). You should be cautious, because, Diphenhydramine and Sertraline together could result in Serotonin syndrome. I think, maybe once and a while, you'd be ok, but I would rely on the nytol. Its hard because taken too close to bedtime the AD actually causes insomnia. I do think you're right to not use the Z drug too often as they wear off after a few days. Is your doctor or med provider aware that you're having a had time with Insomnia? Its a trouble spot for me; as well. For the record, I do also take a Z drug and also a benzo so I'm also not in a good balance there with my medication but I'm trying to cut back on both and try deal with sleep issues in other ways ... such as improving my sleep hygiene.

Reading over your postings, I can see you've been struggling with this for a while and I hope things will improve for you.

Take good care..

EDIT: Please accept my apology for all the typos ... I didn't even catch it until now after reading. Jeez Loueez ;)

-Sal

apm
21-11-21, 12:30
Thanks for your kind words, Sal.

I tried Nytol last night, and not much happened. I did get about 4 hours sleep, but only a long time after I took the Nytol!

I'm taking the Sertraline in the morning, as it tends to spike my anxiety a bit, and sometimes it calms down a bit by bedtime.

This is my third time down this path, first in a long time though! I'd forgotten how miserable it is.

I will continue with occasional Zopiclone, no more that every other day.

Keep safe!

Alex.