PDA

View Full Version : Colon/Bowel/Pancreatic/Stomach/Something else cancer? Losing my mind. (21M)

WhyIsItAllSoSpooky
22-11-21, 00:23
I need help. For about a week now I've had this on and off sharp pain on my lower left abdomen that is there occasionally and then goes away, and more rarely a pain somewhere else on my abdomen. I'm losing my mind over fears of having some sort of bowel or, worse, a pancreatic cancer. My stools are a bit narrow but other than that, I think I'm mostly fine except for physical/gastro symptoms caused by the anxiety, but I have a very difficult time shaking the thoughts and worries.

I went to the doctors about it on Saturday (November 20, 2021) and they took a urine test and said that they don't really suspect anything bad, and to give it a little bit more time. I have no problem with that, but I'm still losing my mind. I want an endoscopy, colonoscopy, and who knows what else. I just want a confirmation that I don't have any sort of cancer. I have no idea what to do. I don't know how to go about getting those tests, but oh man am I worried.

sEiZuRe!
23-11-21, 14:37
HA anxiety can make someone lose their mind, no doubt about it. You're not alone and mate I've been there loads of times.

But I'd say, you're 21. You did a urine test and they don't suspect anything. Maybe go for a blood test? They can rule out a lot with that.

This has been going on for a week and my hunch is it is indigestion or something similar. You probably right that it's caused by anxiety and you're spinning out of control.

I'm not a doctor but I'll be frank: you have to take care of your anxiety and get a hold on that and CBT can help you. A good therapist would have prevented 40 years of intense anxiety for me.

WhyIsItAllSoSpooky
23-11-21, 15:57
See, that's the thing. The way they do the urine test is in 2 stages, and while they initially don't suspect anything, I haven't gotten the second test results back yet.

I'd love to do a blood test, but I don't know how to get one for cancer.