PDA

View Full Version : Pain below ribcage

willous1
22-11-21, 14:49
Hi all,

I have a lot going on at the moment and it has made my anxiety worse. I have been pushing in just below the middle of ribcage and feel like a cartilage type thing. It moves when I push it and although I am not worried about this, when I push around that area and slightly to the left I feel a slight discomfort. I cannot feel a lump or anything but it's like a tender pain which goes quickly. I should not have googled because cancer always come up! I feel it more when standing up and pushing in although I am not sure why I started doing it, maybe if felt a bit tender so I pushed in. I have had some muscle pain lately although may I have just been a bit under the weather, it feels slightly better today but Google worried me.

Fishmanpa
22-11-21, 15:17
Willous: Doc, it hurts when I do this.

Doc: Don't do that!

FMP

apm
22-11-21, 17:10
Lots of tender squishy stuff in there. If you are having pain, see the doctor. Discomfort is probably just things being moved about that don't enjoy being moved about.

willous1
11-12-21, 13:45
Thank you both.

My anxiety has got worse but I'm containing it. I spoke to the doctor the other day who didn't want to see me. It's like a dull ache worse when push in. I was fine until stomach cancer symptoms started showing! I thought the stomach was by the belly button but does it go as high as just below the middle of the ribcage? The pain is inside the body below the sternum (middle of ribcage).

willous1
11-12-21, 21:23
Does anyone know if the upper stomach is by the lower sternum middle of ribcage?

Fishmanpa
11-12-21, 22:13
Does anyone know if the upper stomach is by the lower sternum middle of ribcage?

C'mon... stop fixating on this. You're doing this to yourself needlessly :lac:

FMP

willous1
11-12-21, 23:01
True! I am going to distract myself from it. I am moving in a couple of weeks and small trip to a lodge with the family booked. Have been under some stress lately which has not helped but looking forward to some time off work. I'm driving myself mad again and can't let it escalate.

Hope you are doing well!

Fishmanpa
11-12-21, 23:46
True! I am going to distract myself from it. I am moving in a couple of weeks and small trip to a lodge with the family booked. Have been under some stress lately which has not helped but looking forward to some time off work. I'm driving myself mad again and can't let it escalate.

Hope you are doing well!

:yesyes: There you go bro! You got this! You have some changes coming and that's stressful anxiety or not. Enjoy your getaway and have a great holiday~ We're doing Ok :)

FMP

willous1
14-12-21, 12:56
I'm trying so hard, I really am but I'm driving myself crazy. Now I'm feeling tummy issues all over, probably muscular but after I ate yesterday I felt really full up and had to Google. Pancreatic Cancer etc came up and I didn't sleep. Why do I do this! Just had lunch and I'm feeling so full again...could it be my brain, could it really be that powerful that it makes you feel symptoms like that?

willous1
14-12-21, 14:03
Worried if I call doctors it will set my health anxiety off like before

willous1
14-12-21, 20:55
I just ate again and my tummy feels full! I had plain rice. Can it be stress?

Catkins
15-12-21, 06:11
Yes.

willous1
15-12-21, 18:44
Spoke to a rude doctor. Said tummy probably inflamed and it could be gastra something? Said if it's not gone in a few days to go in. I ate tonight and felt really full again. Took gaviscon and got some chamomile tea. Just want to enjoy life again.

Scared-to-human
18-12-21, 00:16
That sounds like something I’ve had! Stop poking!!! That’s only drawing more attention to the area. I used to be poker and no good comes of it. Also- your mind is so so so powerful. You’ll be focusing everything on that area. Distract yourself. You’re not poorly. You have health anxiety! You will enjoy life again 🥰

Anxious2424
25-03-22, 21:00
Hi willous, I saw one of your previous posts regarding an aspestos scare I am in the same situation with a possible exposure with my children and have extreme health anxiety, I would love to chat I am having a. Complete breakdown.