PDA

View Full Version : Small but wanted to share

erialc
17-11-07, 21:59
Hi,

Some of you already know, I started a new job this week. I had been really nervous because my health anx only started after I already had my job so starting something new was really scary.

Well I have to say, I have pushed myself this week..............

I stayed in a hotel for a week on my own (didn't panic while there which was great - usually when I am on my own it rears its ugly head)

I have met loads of new people and the job is going to keep me busy so less time for my mind to wander back to health anx..... I know it will sometimes but will be ready to fight it!!!!!

I hate doing things that are new, I usually like routine so this has been great for me and my confidence is better than it has been for ages.

I know its not a big deal.... people start new jobs all the time but feel so chuffed I have been able to do it and not let my anx stand in my way

:yesyes:

Thanks for reading!

Claire

jodie
17-11-07, 22:01
hey claire
it is a big deal you are doing realy good well done sweety

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs:

jodie xxxx

groovygranny
17-11-07, 22:34
On the contrary Claire - a success is always a big deal!:flowers:

Look what you've achieved, and look how it has strengthened you !!

This is sure to inspire and encourage others http://th175.photobucket.com/albums/w125/Pogoloco/th_thcongrats.gif !!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:flowers:

manmoor
18-11-07, 01:47
Claire :hugs: fab news hun :yesyes: well done you. xxx

Nibbles
18-11-07, 11:51
So many people don't like change but you've done brilliantly coping with the new job so well done! Like you, routine is my best friend so I think you should feel very proud for coming out of your safety zone. :yesyes:

Take care,

Mike :hugs:

Believe
18-11-07, 12:17
Well Done Claire. You are doing great hun, glade to hear this.

Anna77
18-11-07, 13:10
Hi Claire,

I think that starting a new job is a majorly big deal for most people, so you've done amazingly well :)

Well done - you're should feel really pleased with yourself :hugs:

Take care,

Anna x

Coni
18-11-07, 13:21
Claire, i think its a massive deal! I find new things very stressful so I think you've done really well.....and to stay in a hotel on your own was just amazing...you're a star!!!

Well done.

luv Coni XX

dinkydoo
18-11-07, 13:25
Well done you. An inspiring story for the rest of us!! xx

kazzie
18-11-07, 14:21
Lovely news Claire:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Well done You:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

erialc
18-11-07, 14:56
Awwwww thanks everyone for the lovely replies!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am off training again today for a couple of days so back to the hotel tonight but am gonna treat me and hubby to a curry Wednesday night to celebrate

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Thanks again

Claire xxxxxxxx

erialc
01-12-07, 22:27
Well I didn't last long, sorry not such a success afterall :(

I am gonna take some time out for me and start looking for something more suitable!!!

groovygranny
01-12-07, 23:12
A success that comes to a premature end is still a success in my book - and I don't think anyone will disagree with me Claire!

You tried - and will try again.........success whichever way you look at it!:blush:

Enjoy your time out and I wish you all the very best!

Big hugs for you

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Southern_Belle
02-12-07, 17:47
Hi Claire,

I think you have made some huge steps and you have gone way out there to accomplish fighting anxiety. A really great job!

Hugs,

Laura