PDA

View Full Version : Worried about war

Confusion
25-11-21, 10:15
Hi all,

I'm freaking out about Russias buildup of troops at the Ukraine border. Analysts are saying this time is different and that invasion is more likely than ever before. Can anyone provide any advice or reassurance?

Lencoboy
25-11-21, 15:46
Hi all,

I'm freaking out about Russias buildup of troops at the Ukraine border. Analysts are saying this time is different and that invasion is more likely than ever before. Can anyone provide any advice or reassurance?

Well it's hardly the foremost headline on the BBC website right now.

Also, does the situation between Russia and Ukraine currently pose any immediate threat to us in the UK?

Fishmanpa
25-11-21, 16:05
War/conflict is your trigger as illustrated in your post history. Other than avoiding news, I would suggest real life help to help you cope with world events.

FMP

Lencoboy
25-11-21, 19:04
War/conflict is your trigger as illustrated in your post history. Other than avoiding news, I would suggest real life help to help you cope with world events.

FMP

Plus of course certain media outlets seem to love anything that speculates wars/conflicts. Twas ever thus.

At least our BBC News have so far been erring on the side of caution by keeping this Russia/Ukraine affair relatively low-key until further notice, which is what I consider responsible journalism, rather than hyping it all up willy-nilly with sensationalist talk of Armageddon-type scenarios, thus causing undue fear and panic within the population.

In fact I've lost count of the times certain publications in the UK have 'cried wolf' over stuff like this, and various other scary scenarios that never actually materialised.

I also never forget all the epic hysteria over the likes of North Korea, etc a few years ago, which hardly anyone seems to discuss of late.