PDA

View Full Version : Internal piles

paranoidjh
25-11-21, 19:20
Hi I’ve not been here for ages. 3 weeks ago after bowel movement had bright red blood on toilet paper. Itchy and sore bottom have followed for past 3 weeks. Hurts to sit for a long time. Feels like it’s burning. Been for a run tonight after I’d had a bowel movement and when I came home went to toilet, wiped and it was fresh blood. Husband says internal piles or fissures. My mind says cancer. Please help.

nomorepanic
25-11-21, 20:08
Yup piles.

Deb350
26-11-21, 18:27
Hi I’ve not been here for ages. 3 weeks ago after bowel movement had bright red blood on toilet paper. Itchy and sore bottom have followed for past 3 weeks. Hurts to sit for a long time. Feels like it’s burning. Been for a run tonight after I’d had a bowel movement and when I came home went to toilet, wiped and it was fresh blood. Husband says internal piles or fissures. My mind says cancer. Please help.

Sounds exactly like the symptoms I’ve been dealing with. GP gave me an examination and said I have internal piles. I am still struggling with them though.

Try and increase your fluid and fibre intake. Don’t strain like I do, makes it so much worse!!

paranoidjh
26-11-21, 22:17
Sounds exactly like the symptoms I’ve been dealing with. GP gave me an examination and said I have internal piles. I am still struggling with them though.

Try and increase your fluid and fibre intake. Don’t strain like I do, makes it so much worse!!

That is reassuring. Do you have pain with them. I get uncomfortable sitting file a long time.

Deb350
27-11-21, 20:07
That is reassuring. Do you have pain with them. I get uncomfortable sitting file a long time.

Mainly the itching is my problem! it is freaking me out though, I can’t deny it. I’ve never had piles before and I can’t seem to get rid of them :(

Deb350
27-11-21, 20:22
Hi

Yes I’m still struggling with pile symptoms. I am currently awaiting a flexible sigmoidoscopy, my doctor has diagnosed internal piles but I’m
not convinced. I’ve been trying various things to get rid of them but they are still bleeding :(

Does anyone have any good tips? I’ve tried creams and suppositories but found them of limited use.

If I could ease the symptoms I might be able to put my mind at rest.

paranoidjh
30-11-21, 09:06
Hi

Yes I’m still struggling with pile symptoms. I am currently awaiting a flexible sigmoidoscopy, my doctor has diagnosed internal piles but I’m
not convinced. I’ve been trying various things to get rid of them but they are still bleeding :(

Does anyone have any good tips? I’ve tried creams and suppositories but found them of limited use.

If I could ease the symptoms I might be able to put my mind at rest.

Been to Dr’s this morning they’ve diagnosed fissure and given me GTN cream. Hopefully I can believe what they’ve said and that the cream will work. Told me it will give me headaches.

Deb350
01-12-21, 14:08
Been to Dr’s this morning they’ve diagnosed fissure and given me GTN cream. Hopefully I can believe what they’ve said and that the cream will work. Told me it will give me headaches.

Glad you’ve been to the Dr’s. Did they say how long the fissure would take to heal?

paranoidjh
02-12-21, 10:55
Have to use GTN cream for 6-8 weeks.

Deb350
02-12-21, 14:12
Have to use GTN cream for 6-8 weeks.

Crikey that is a long time. My GP said I may have internal piles and a possible fissure. No wonder it’s taking so long to clear up.