PDA

View Full Version : How to stop or slow down rituals?

TaleOn11
30-11-21, 14:07
Any advice on how to cut down on anxiety rituals? My ritual-doing has gotten to the point where my folks are starting to take notice and I can't have them making a fuss about it. Please don't say "just stop doing them". I'm far too anxious to go cold turkey on it. But how I stop it doing it when I'm entering my bedroom, going to sleep, leaving house or ,heck, just before when I start writing this post? Thanks.

AnxietySufferer
06-12-21, 11:48
Hm. Maybe talk to your family that is makes you feel more anxious if they acknowledge it. If it helps you, I wouldnt stop .

Iwant2bhealthy
18-01-22, 12:05
I would suggest that you look for help with your OCD. The ritual itself is just a manifestation of the real problem- your OCF, and it won't stop until you do something about it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

TaleOn11
16-03-22, 13:52
I just want to know whats the best course of action. Even now that I'm doing volunteering and getting back into a routine I can't shake off these rituals that the pandemic has put on me so easily. Am I just gonna have to let these "words" come and go and accept them instead of fighting them?